Newbie & Virgin Airbrusher, Sth Gippsland, Victoria, Australia

P

PaulG

G'day one and all, Just popping my head in to say "Hi". Love the forum and the info within. 45 years and about to embark on my 1st week / course of night school airbrushing. Yep the mid life crisis thingy!!! cant afford the red convertible, so instead I have to learn to paint it, LOL. I have always wanted to learn this art and have airbrushes purchased since I was in my 20's. Work, kids and everything else kept me busy, now to have some fun for "Me". "Mitch" / mate I love ya you tube vids, cool !!!.

Welcome to the forum from the US. Night airbrush classes? Those should have you progressing well and quick, its the 3 p's , practice,practice,practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hey paul! Glad to see you finally getting your hand in and investing the time and effort to learn this great art....as wmlepage said practice practice practice but most of all fun fun fun! Enjoy yourself and if you have any questions then please ask

"Mitch" / mate I love ya you tube vids, cool!!.
Thanks Paul! I hope you get alot out of them mate - to be honest i checked this thread because I saw the word Virgin - then i thought i'd check it to see what Azzley came out with :)
Good luck with it Paul and if you have any questions, this is the right place to ask!

Yer I know, I didn't even see the rest of thread title just saw the word virgin shining out like a beacon of hope to a lost fisherman.....I thought exactly the same but then I noticed his name was paul and I instantly lost the semi I had quickly developed.....your such a **** tease paul

Hey Paul, from the uk. The only regret about taking up this hobby, is that you waited so long to do it.

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:angel:

Yer I know, I didn't even see the rest of thread title just saw the word virgin shining out like a beacon of hope to a lost fisherman.....I thought exactly the same but then I noticed his name was paul and I instantly lost the semi I had quickly developed.....your such a **** tease paul
There he is!

Hey-
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, so good to have found a place like this where I can read all your discussions, ideas, what works and what does not.
Yesterday I found my old airbrush (actually brand new)sitting at the back of my cupboard in the shed. I will wait until I have acouple of classes and ask the teacher about their thoughts on a good brush to purchase for a student of the art. The brush I have is a “Paasche” double action but I think it may be more suited for model / fine work than painting.
“Hey Azzley & Mitch”- In the same post I have now mentioned the words “Virgin” & “Model”. Settle down boys, it is all but an illusion designed to mess with your brain!!!.
The classes I will be attending is approx 1 hour 15 min drive from where I live but I think it will be worth it. Been able to interact and speak to a teacher who will pick up on my faults etc, correcting me as I learn. It is a 2 year course that starts from knowing nothing, building upwards from there. During the info night the teacher said they teach painting portraits firstly after the initial basics. Their reasons are that once you grasp portraits, dimensions etc, everything else that you want to paint is easier. I found that interesting that the human face is the biggest challenge. Then again my face is a challenge even for a mother to love!!!, LOL
Thanks again everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
A warm welcome from sunny England, looks like you have settled in already. Enjoy your stay and try to pick up as much info as possible at your classes. Catch you around.

Lee

Back