B

Boston Mike

What's up everyone ? I am glad to be part of your forum. I look forward to sharing , seeing authentic styles . And I hope to receive direction, advise and all that knowledge and grit in here . I'm just a beginner for to long with real progress. Talk to you soon .Thanks

What's up everyone ? I am glad to be part of your forum. I look forward to sharing , seeing authentic styles . And I hope to receive direction, advise and all that knowledge and grit in here . I'm just a beginner for to long with real progress. Talk to you soon .Thanks
I meant no progress

Welcome Mike! Nice to have to you aboard. I take it from the name that you’re from Boston? What style of airbrushing are you wanting to work on? Automotive, Illustration and Fine Art, Models? What equipment do you have?
Excuse the 1001 questions lol, the more we know, the more we can help when questions arise. Feel free to post up any work that you’ve completed if you’d care to, we love seeing what everybody is up to. Nice to meet you Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Mike! Nice to have to you aboard. I take it from the name that you’re from Boston? What style of airbrushing are you wanting to work on? Automotive, Illustration and Fine Art, Models? What equipment do you have?
Excuse the 1001 questions lol, the more we know, the more we can help when questions arise. Feel free to post up any work that you’ve completed if you’d care to, we love seeing what everybody is up to. Nice to meet you Mike.

Well I guess from what I've read is script writing in cursive is important . I would like to learn how to stencil sport logos. Skulls ,flames and cool backrounds. There's no way I could airbrush potraits . I just don't know . Face painting and tattooing would be cool . Murals would be cool but I think I would need templates and a projector. I don't no where to begin . I have a cheap iawata gravity feed with a compressor I got from harborfreight. I feel like I'm walking in circles investing energy and time and basically the same as when I first picked up

Well I guess from what I've read is script writing in cursive is important . I would like to learn how to stencil sport logos. Skulls ,flames and cool backrounds. There's no way I could airbrush potraits . I just don't know . Face painting and tattooing would be cool . Murals would be cool but I think I would need templates and a projector. I don't no where to begin . I have a cheap iawata gravity feed with a compressor I got from harborfreight. I feel like I'm walking in circles investing energy and time and basically the same as when I first picked up
I know that feeling well, but the help is what we’re all here for. Sounds like you’re into the same side of things as me, I only planned to learn to stencil basic stuff and got kind of wrapped up into all kinds of things I never thought I’d be able to paint. But there ain’t nothing wrong with skulls and flames Buddy lol, I love that stuff.
Ok, when you say you’ve been walking in circles and getting nowhere. How much of a beginner are we talking? I don’t want to insult you by sending links for some beginner exercisers that’s all lol.

Hey Mike and welcome!
You're going to get all the info you want. Just ask and someone is definitely going to help you (did the same to me :)).

Hey Mike welcome aboard. I started out not knowing anyone who AB'd, and getting to a point and no farther trying to figure stuff out on my own, then found this place, and hey presto, I got to another level (still a ways to go lol). You can do the same no worries.

Let's just say brand new I mean I do have hack time on dagger strokes dots. Am I missing direction and quality directions yep. I have know guidance so I become frustrated and put it down. Not knowing where to go any road will take you there .

Let's just say brand new I mean I do have hack time on dagger strokes dots. Am I missing direction and quality directions yep. I have know guidance so I become frustrated and put it down. Not knowing where to go any road will take you there .
Don’t sweat it Man, we’ve all felt like that sometimes, I still do every now and again. Best advice I can give it to get over to the Airbrush Tutor YouTube channel and work your way through the beginners exercises, hammer a bunch of those out and see how you’re getting on. It seems nuts, but you’ll be amazed how much you can learn from simply getting the reduction right to be able to paint some smooth lines on some basic exercises. Also check out Bloodshot Airbrushing. That dude has some great advice and a Beginners Tips section that’s really good. Something that’s a bit more fun than lines and dots is to grab some Colouring Books (again, I know it sounds nuts) but they’re full of pre-drawn images for you to airbrush into awesomeness.
The single most important piece of advice is to be brave and post whatever you make up on a thread here, you can put it in Beginners Questions.
That’s what I did and I ended up getting answers to questions I didn’t even know I had lol!

Wow! Thanks so much for your input and videos. All together that was an awesome and thought out thread. Will stay focused on that and P.P.P. thank you for your inspiration

Beyond exercises I'd say just find a project you like and want to do and dive in.
Airbrush tutor has the eye in versions from basic to more advanced, and Cameron Diaz and some other good ones.
There are some good step by steps here too.

Feeling inspired goes a long ways so if you find or think of something really cool go for it.
I'm always most inspired to paint a beautiful lady :)

Whether that's a painting of...or a painting on her. :)

Welcome to the madhouse Boston Mike, As you see by your intro we are here to help newbies like you get started in the right direction some of us are old schooled at airbrushing as we had no internet to find out how to do it, But your lucky as you have everything you need right here on Mitch's orange airbrush tutor forum or o.a.f. for short!if you have any thing you can't find using the search button just post what your looking for and someone will be along to help,Hope to see you stick around so we can see how you progress? Good luck and have fun!

Welcome from Australia Mike :)
We are a rare bunch, we enjoy helping newbs on their journey. You can’t come up with anything we haven’t already done lol

What paint are you currently using ?

Welcome to the forum from China! I am sure this forum will help you to break out of your viscous circle. It did help me a big deal by being able to ask questions, and looking for different paths forward.

Beyond exercises I'd say just find a project you like and want to do and dive in.
Airbrush tutor has the eye in versions from basic to more advanced, and Cameron Diaz and some other good ones.
There are some good step by steps here too.

Feeling inspired goes a long ways so if you find or think of something really cool go for it.
I'm always most inspired to paint a beautiful lady :)

Whether that's a painting of...or a painting on her. :)
Truth right here. Trying a pretty simple project that you want to do is great. Just don’t try over reaching too much straight away. I see lots of people trying fur and animals right off the bat and finding it hard going. As Robby mentioned, the eye project particularly is a well thought out early project. And way more fun than page after page of lines and dots, although they doo really help too.

Back