B

birdsnest

Just wanted to say hey..just carved a dozen topwater popper lures out of Atlantic Cedar and now what. I bought some testors enamel paint to brush them with but know the results will be not be what I want. So here I am with no airbrush,airbrush paint, experience and not alot of money. The lures will be for me or any friend that wants one so no pressure to paint a professional job but expectaions for something nice. I have painted a few of my own hotrods and few friends vehicles so know a bit about paint guns but nothing about airbrushing except what I have gleaned fron the internet. Not good with computers and will probably piss someone off but not intentionally. I live in nevada about 45 minutes east of Death Valley in the winter and the mts. of southern Utah in the winter. I am an artist of sorts and love creating stuff. I weld sculptures, make sterling southwest jewelry, build hotrods but no airbrushing so this is exciting. I have tons of questions and don't want to make to many newbie mistakes starting out. I'm an older guy that has kinda got tired of learning the hard way. With this resource I should be able to avoid a fair amount of bull. Anyway here goes. Peace...birdsnest

Welcome Birdsnest! Your experience with spray guns will be a massive help as so much of learning to airbrush is to actually get the paint coming out in a halfway controllable manner lol. Sounds like you’re a pretty hands on dude too, so that also helps. Questions are the name of the game round here, so don’t be shy in asking them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @birdsnest yes, having spraygun experience will help as you will know about paint reductions etc.. However airbrush is still going to be a little learning curve for you. The only stupid newb questions are the ones you don't ask so if your stuck just ask and there's a wealth of info on here which can be searched. You will make mistakes but that's how you learn. I bet you never built any hotrods without ruining a few metal panels. I'm going to do some metal shaping this year "hopefully", making some parts and heat shields for my old vintage motorcycle (its going to be a challenge for me).

Lee

Welcome from New Zealand! There are a few lure painters lurking here!

Back