G

GhostDog

Came across your web site and forums via Youtube search on airbrushing. Have to say I laughed my ass off watching.

I am new to airbrushing - actually ordered my airbrush and it should be delivered in a few days. I wanted to get into airbrushing to augment my wood carvings. Many carvings I paint with a brush, but as I progress into some wildlife (finished a bird - Sandpiper, working in a snake walking stick and still working on an eagle) I wanted to get some more realistic results and thought airbrushing would do the trick.

I live in the Ohio, USA.

Loved your tutorials and look forward to working on the exercises you recommended!

Would love to see a tutorial on feathers though - as two of my carvings will be birds!

Thanks - look forward to surfing the forum and learning.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum Bob, and im pretty sure when you get the hang to airbrushing you will even work on paintings in the end beside of paiting your wood cravings :)

Welcome to the Forum Bob, and im pretty sure when you get the hang to airbrushing you will even work on paintings in the end beside of paiting your wood cravings :)

Thanks Stranger - time will tell.

I see you are from Germany - Wie geht es einen? Am I close - LOL!

Wife and I visited Germany back in 2005 - BEAUTIFUL country and the people were all so friendly - would love to go back. We flew into Frankfurt and headed south I believe, to a city named Elgendorf and stayed with the family of friends.

Thanks for the welcome!

You were close Bob :) Wie geht es Dir would be totaly correct :)
I live abit away from Frankfurt, but i was there a few times. Maybe you have the chance again to visit germany.

Andreas

Welcome to the forum from the UK ghostdog.
and to keep things in the German flavour, I was born in Munchen Gladbach.

Welcome fellow buckeye!!! I live in tennessee now but still wear my scarlet and grey with pride!!! What part are you from. O -H!!

Welcome fellow buckeye!!! I live in tennessee now but still wear my scarlet and grey with pride!!! What part are you from. O -H!!

"I - O" lol

Born in Lorain, about 30 miles west of Cleveland. Live in Amherst now - neighboring community to Lorain!

My sister-in-law lives in TN, I believe Hixson - near Chattanooga .

"I - O" lol

Born in Lorain, about 30 miles west of Cleveland. Live in Amherst now - neighboring community to Lorain!

My sister-in-law lives in TN, I believe Hixson - near Chattanooga .

Lol, I live in chattanooga now, and my sons baseball team just won their tournament in hixson this last weekend!! Small world! I know where Lorain is, but I am from Hillsboro. It's about an hour and a half south of Columbus. Maybe we will get to meet some day and waist some paint, lol!!

Lol, I live in chattanooga now, and my sons baseball team just won their tournament in hixson this last weekend!! Small world! I know where Lorain is, but I am from Hillsboro. It's about an hour and a half south of Columbus. Maybe we will get to meet some day and waist some paint, lol!!

That would be cool, I am SURE I could use all the help and guidance I can get.

Just received my Paasche yesterday. Got the fittings I needed to hook to compressor. Heading out tomorrow to local hobby store to get some paint to start practicing. Kinda excited to get at my carvings, but need to get used to airbrush first.

Yeah - small world with your son winning tournament in Hixson - I assume baseball? Congrats! My great-niece is an awesome ball player.

Welcome, Your art sounds awesome...
I'm still trying to get used to this site...so I haven't seen any of your work. Good luck

Welcome, Your art sounds awesome...
I'm still trying to get used to this site...so I haven't seen any of your work. Good luck

LOL - thanks! I have not submitted any photos of my work yet as I am just getting into airbrushing. I have several carvings I painted with brush that I posted on carving forums, but nothing airbrushed.

I am hoping to play a little (for the first time) this weekend with my airbrush before I attempt to paint my carving. Should be interesting - will be trying to paint a small bird - Semipalmated Sandpiper - very fine feather details. The feathers are carved and I used a woodburner to get the fine detail - now just need to get to coloring done!

Welcome from the Uk friend, it's always great to see airbrushing used in different art forms and would love to see your art on here.

Back