newer than new

T

tcalvin

I don't have a clue what I am doing but I like a challenge. I have a Paasche VL with a Testor mini blue compressor. I have had my airbrush for a while but no time to practice. I am determined to begin using it. I have played around with it yesterday and today with not good results.:torn:

I don't have a clue what I am doing but I like a challenge. I have a Paasche VL with a Testor mini blue compressor. I have had my airbrush for a while but no time to practice. I am determined to begin using it. I have played around with it yesterday and today with not good results.:torn:

LOL, welcome to the forum first of all, but it sounds like your trying run before you can walk, all the advice you need is here already so have a good look through the archives, or if your lazy like me just ask, lol, I would suggest checking out Mitch's videos on youtube before dirtying that brush again, you'll learn how to approach it in the right way and you'll also learn how to maintain it, if your on youtube simply type in airbrushtutor in the search bar and all the vids will come up.

Tell us more about yourself, where you are in the world and what you want to paint, generally anything that will help us serve you better, we can tell you where to get your stuuf relative to your location as well as any exciting deals that may be on.

Good luck with it all and have fun while your here, we'll turn your mountain into a mole hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in eastern Oklahoma, I really don't have anything in particular that I want to paint, I figure as I progress then I will find my niche.

I live in eastern Oklahoma, I really don't have anything in particular that I want to paint, I figure as I progress then I will find my niche.

I would assume then you will mostly be just practicing some artistic stuff or simply find out what your airbrush can do, I don't have the same brush but I believe are very good, and since they are a well known brand name it's well worth looking after it.

Mitch (airbrush tutor) has prepared some some practice exercises you can down load free, if you click on the airbrush tutor button at the top of this page, you will end up on his website where you can find these as well as other info.

I would draw your attention to his how to control and airbrush vids as well as how to maintain your airbrush video, these will save you a lot time and wasted effort trying to started and by the time you've checked these out you will know what your doing.

Feel free to edit your profile page and put your location into your profile, then it shows under your name in each post you make, your fellow American members can then guide you to the appropriate services in your area when you start ask questions.

Well, I did go to youtube and look at some of the videos. Already figured out most of my problem, my paint is too thick, guess I should have bought the transparent instead of opaque. Thanks I will look around.

Welcome home TCalvin nice to have you here.
The Paasche Vl is a great brush but works best between 35 and 45 PSI , (while spraying)
You can get by with lower pressure but as you have found out thinner paint.
Transparent , Opaque same same , Brand is what makes the difference. , Knowing reduction and how to keep your airbrush running in top form.
Lots to learn and take in but you will get there.

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!

Hi from the uk! Welcome to airbrushing! It's all about learning to mix paints and balance that with using the right air pressure for that mixture. Once you get a handle on that, the rest becomes much easier!

Welcome to the forum, paint is a funny thing even when the same brand you have to mix different colours at different ratios but you will get there, it just takes a little time and experience which will come fast now you're here.

Lee

Back