No-Name Paint from spraygunner

wydeglyde

Young Tutorling
Anyone used No Name paint from spraygunner, seems to be cheap reviews say its a little thin, maybe like Com-Art? thought it might be good to practice with since its pretty cheap compared to wicked line or createx's other lines

I'd like to suggest that you hold off until you can get the one you think you will continue to use. There is a learning curve to every paint so you would end up having to go through it twice. Also, by the time you "get up to snuff" with Wicked (or whatever) practice wise you will be ahead of the game.

And another thing I thought of. Unless you plan to "practice" until all the No Name paint is used you will have wasted at least some of the money you spent on it.

It has more body to it than com art, a lot more body. Honestly it probably is just a little heavier than the current iteration of illustration paints.

Some colors have a bit more opacity than others, they are a middle semi opaque. The pigments are really high quality. And they dry to a matte finish which is great. I will probably start the begging to get single bottles of white because that's going to be the biggest downside. They didn't skimp on quality, where they are cutting costs is in the packaging by not having multiple sets and options.

On the plus side, you can reduce these with distilled water and retarder, where with Wicked I would not use water to reduce them. (you can skip the retarder but its helpful with tip dry propylene glycol or glycerin can be used as a retarder with all commonly used waterbased airbrush paints) I use golden retarder and 10 parts distilled water to one part retarder.

Now with all that said there is a lot of truth to learning one paint line. But there is a lot to be said about liking the paint you work with. Cheapest is buying big bottle of black white and primaries and mixing your own colors, But that's an investment and you are stuck with those paints

In all 22 bucks on these and with free prime shipping makes this a great bargain. Ive been talking with Spraygunner since before they even released the primary set. And these were definitely brought to market to try and gain market share on Amazon. Of course you can order direct from spraygunner as well.

Back