No Named battery powered compressor

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Staff member
Admin
I have seen this listed on spray gunners sight and up until I watch this new video of Dru Blair testing it out did I really give it a second look.
So thought I would share the video Spraygunner has on their youtube page incase some of you all missed it or do not follow Spraygunner.

great post. My first though was if this 50 bucks battery compressor works better then my beast I'm gonna kill my self for wasting so much money.

Then I went on spray gunner site and looked at description:
Cordless micro-compressor for airbrush. Battery powered. Rechargeable via USB.

I had a good laugh. :laugh: This would last few seconds with my eclipse. Then I would need to plug in to usb.

But it is still interesting to see new stuff. I went and read the spec... Here are spec if someone is curious :)

- It has an auto on/off function. You don't have to press the power button. Just use the airbrush as you would use any other double action airbrush:
1. Press trigger down for air and the cordless compressor will automatically start.
2. Pull trigger backwards and paint flow will join the air.

- It has 2 performance modes: LOW and HIGH. The button on the bottom of the compressor is for switching between these modes.

- When fully charged, it will constantly run in the HIGH performance mode for over 40 minutes (42-43 min in most cases).

- It delivers 7-8 LPM with a max pressure of 20-25 PSI. **We recommend this set for gravity feed airbrushes with 0.3mm nozzle or smaller. **

- It has an LED indicator to show the charge level - this means a low battery won't catch you by surprise.

- The compressor by itself weighs in at 6.4 ounces

- The compressor can be used for long periods without over-heating

- This Cordless Compressor has a Type-C USB charging port which is standard on many phones and other devices these days. Even if the compressor's charging cord is missing, it's easy to find a compatible charging option almost anywhere.

- We estimate 1.5-2 hour work period for this compressor on a single charge, considering that when working on a project, the airbrush will be turned on and off constantly with pauses for color changes and cleaning.

- It can even be used when the unit is charging. When longer working time is needed, this little cordless compressor will not let you down - it can charge and run at the same time. Grab a power bank with a USB outlet and keep airbrushing for many hours!

here is a link if anybody is interested in more about this:
https://spraygunner.com/black-cordless-airbrush-compressor-battery-powered/

this scenario is interesting: Imagine a situation where a large piece of artwork was done and a few weeks after you get a call to come in and fix a little scratch. It's an easy task, made even easier, if you have your cordless airbrush in your pocket!

Last edited:
I had the same thoughts on why didn't they come out with this years ago when I bought my silent air.
But I also thought Dru does spray at low pressures and he is at least twice faster then me at painting so he can get more done in a short time.
But I also thought this would be nice to have so I would not have to load my compressor up to go to a location to paint. But then I would have to have it plugged in all the time to do a job.
Still I thought it was worth showing everyone and I might still pick on up just to try and review myself.

compressor + usb power bank could work. But I do wonder how much time this thing needs to recharge... Next thing you would notice is people are bringing with them self 2, 3 or 4 of these with them + usb power bank :D

Also like you told. If my mind doesn't play tricks, people on forum are mostly on 30 psi - 35 psi. At least that is how I remember from all the threads I was reading.

But I do see potential in this little can. If they could somehow manage to make direct power with pack of batteries for example like I made my bicycle camera, it would be more ''time'' proof. Battery pack with long cord. But then it wouldn't be cordless. I wonder how much mAh that little compressor has. You can get 20 000 mAh battery packs on ebay. Just thinking out loud. Would love if someone would borrow me this little can for a day so I can play with it. Not worth to invest 50 bucks for me. But if someone is willing to borrow why not :laugh:

compressor + usb power bank could work. But I do wonder how much time this thing needs to recharge... Next thing you would notice is people are bringing with them self 2, 3 or 4 of these with them + usb power bank :D

Also like you told. If my mind doesn't play tricks, people on forum are mostly on 30 psi - 35 psi. At least that is how I remember from all the threads I was reading.

But I do see potential in this little can. If they could somehow manage to make direct power with pack of batteries for example like I made my bicycle camera, it would be more ''time'' proof. Battery pack with long cord. But then it wouldn't be cordless. I wonder how much mAh that little compressor has. You can get 20 000 mAh battery packs on ebay. Just thinking out loud. Would love if someone would borrow me this little can for a day so I can play with it. Not worth to invest 50 bucks for me. But if someone is willing to borrow why not :laugh:
I was about to say the same thing. If you had a decent power bank, they would work great for a small setup of site. I think it’s a cool idea and by the looks of it the product measures up to what it’s supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to say the same thing. If you had a decent power bank, they would work great for a small setup of site. I think it’s a cool idea and by the looks of it the product measures up to what it’s supposed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The issue is how much time it needs to recharge. My 4800 mAh battery for my bicycle needs few hours. I never pay attention but it sure needs few hours. I wen't on 4 hour ride and camera was still working, so there was still juice in there. But I didn't test how long it needs to empty that camera stops working.

So what I wonted to say is if can compressor needs 3 hours to recharge that is a lot of ''dead'' time if you work on a job. You would need few more cans so you could avoid having ''dead'' time while empty ones are recharging.

Also I doubt it would be any use for a painter like me who works flat! I wonder how long the battery itself will last? Can’t be very big due to the size!

I just noticed this text when I come to this thread to check macds post.

it can charge and run at the same time.

so battery pack is an option, usb bank is an option. So the only issue would be max psi 20-25psi

In my eyes this could be usefull for mobile work if you work max with 25psi, buuuuuuut, I would attach regular hose to compressor one end, and other end to airbrush so it wouldn't be hose free, but I would also attach powerfull usb bank/battery pack to compressor. To bad it doesn't run 10 PSI higher... On other hand how many times you find your self in situation where electricity is not around for normal small compressor or you need to use very long extender cable for electricity.

This is more a toy for airbrushers which always need one ''more'' toy then something which is very usefull. More PSI and we can talk about usefulness then :D

Last edited:
Back