No Paint comes out

my paasche does the same thing ..... sigh...
Woah that seems to be an air problem.... no way all your brushes can be bad. And not sure which paasche but most jave pretty big nozzles.

Could your air be choking off?

my paasche does the same thing ..... sigh...

Which paint are you trying and what colour, is it the same paint and colour for both brushes, it sounds like your paint may be off, some paints sit for ages on shelfs and can separate to the extent that they become useless, also, do you strain your paints? If this is happening with a specific colour stop using it, whites from all brands are usually difficult to get on with.

It's a clogged nozzle I'm sure due to the paint,US Art supply paint?might be a pigment prob. with it,but the createx should spray thru. soak all the nozzle parts in cleaning fuild then clean all the parts ,taking an old needle if you have one see if you can push out any old paint out thru the nozzle (if you don't have an old needle I use carb cleaner and spray it thru the nozzle till i get a nice clean stream out the tip of the nozzle)

It's a clogged nozzle I'm sure due to the paint,US Art supply paint?might be a pigment prob. with it,but the createx should spray thru. soak all the nozzle parts in cleaning fuild then clean all the parts ,taking an old needle if you have one see if you can push out any old paint out thru the nozzle (if you don't have an old needle I use carb cleaner and spray it thru the nozzle till i get a nice clean stream out the tip of the nozzle)

what kind of cleaning fluid ?

If you haven't already seen the 'sticky' in the troubleshooting section the read this,
http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/normal-cleaning-then-using-airbrush-restorer-to-show-what-was-still-in-the-brush.14250/

I've also got a link in the above thread
http://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/no-paint-or-water-flow.12004/

get hold of some Createx Restorer. (not reducer)

we've all been there at some stage, some more than others

The "US Art supply paint".... that's just normal craft paint ? not recommended for airbrushes

what kind of cleaning fluid ?
In an emergency I've used nail varnish remover, (make sure its without accetone), which is really cheap and easy to find, if you can't get the airbrush restorer easily.

The problem with general craft paints is the pigment size, you really are better just using paints designed for the airbrush, (been there, tried and failed !)

In an emergency I've used nail varnish remover, (make sure its without accetone), which is really cheap and easy to find, if you can't get the airbrush restorer easily.

The problem with general craft paints is the pigment size, you really are better just using paints designed for the airbrush, (been there, tried and failed !)

Thanks Chris!!!!!

I got some gunk out of both of them. Soon as my lady gets up, I'm gonna fire up the compressor. I got the Airbrush restorer coming on tues.

I will keep y'all up dated. Is there a wip gallery ? or do I just make my own Gallery ?

Thanks Chris!!!!!

I got some gunk out of both of them. Soon as my lady gets up, I'm gonna fire up the compressor. I got the Airbrush restorer coming on tues.

I will keep y'all up dated. Is there a wip gallery ? or do I just make my own Gallery ?

You can make your own gallery but that's just to store your stuff, if you want to show off your stuff with a view to getting help and advice you can start your own thread in the "Works in progress & finished Artworks" section of the forum:)

Great news! Use appropriate airbrush paint (not house brand acrylic paint) use the appropriate reducer and give them a good dose of cleaner/restorer when your done for the day and hopefully it smooth sailing from here on in!
Isn't it amazing how much comes out of a 'clean' brush !

Great news! Use appropriate airbrush paint (not house brand acrylic paint) use the appropriate reducer and give them a good dose of cleaner/restorer when your done for the day and hopefully it smooth sailing from here on in!
Isn't it amazing how much comes out of a 'clean' brush !

Dont forget isnt it amazing how much help we get on this forum......lol.... welcome @NubSix

Back