No paint flow after cleaning

B

benangwj

Hi all,

I am using a cheap made in Taiwan knockoff airbrush I can't get paint flow after cleaning it.
I've tried beeswax on the nozzle and air cap and there's some paint flow but very minimal. Can any pros help me with it?

Thanks,
Ben

It would help if you could give a model number of the airbrush.
That being said how did you clean the airbrush?
What did you use to soak it in and what type of paint are you using?
You may have put to much bees wax on the threads and it could have blocked off the air flow or even hit against the nozzle and clogged it .
Also an introduction would have been nice so we could know more about you and how long you have been airbrushing , where you are from.

It would help if you could give a model number of the airbrush.
That being said how did you clean the airbrush?
What did you use to soak it in and what type of paint are you using?
You may have put to much bees wax on the threads and it could have blocked off the air flow or even hit against the nozzle and clogged it .
Also an introduction would have been nice so we could know more about you and how long you have been airbrushing , where you are from.

It's a HD-130, gravity feed. I removed the air cap & nozzle and used a pipe cleaner to clean it with some alcohol.
I'm using Tamiya Acrylics with consistency like skimmed milk.
I get paint flow when I cup my palm on the cup. Is this normal?
I am from Singapore, just started airbrushing and I mainly do 1/48 scale aircrafts from the Republic of Singapore Air Force as I'm a crew chief in the Force.

Thanks,
Ben :)

It's a HD-130, gravity feed. I removed the air cap & nozzle and used a pipe cleaner to clean it with some alcohol.
I'm using Tamiya Acrylics with consistency like skimmed milk.
I get paint flow when I cup my palm on the cup. Is this normal?
I am from Singapore, just started airbrushing and I mainly do 1/48 scale aircrafts from the Republic of Singapore Air Force as I'm a crew chief in the Force.

Thanks,
Ben :)

Couple thing to look for . One when you push the needle into the airbrush , right before you see it come through the paint cup do you feel tension on the needle?
If not you may have to tighten up the needle bearing screw
With paint in the cup with out covering it do you see air bubbles in the cup?
This could be a sign of a cracked nozzle or a clog .
Covering it is forcing the air to have to find a way out so that is why it will spray when covered.
Have you taking about the airbrush again and looked at every piece?
Not sure if this brush comes with a teflon needle bearing seal or rubber. Sometimes a pipe cleaner can damage rubber O-rings , It is number 6 on the list
ac062-0-3mm-dual-action-airbrush-gun-spray.jpg

Back