No water condensation!

Z

ziplague

Hi
I've been airbrushing at least 7 hours a day for 8 days now, i have a moisture trap on the airbrush and have yet to see any water condensation what so ever. I tried draining the compressor tank, no water there either, none, zero.
I know this should be a good thing, but i'm a bit worried that there might be some hidden problem i don't know about.
The humidity in my apartment is non existent, extremely low, could that be the reason? Or is the water pooling somewhere?

Here is how my setup looks like:
_DSC7702.JPG

Hi Zip
The amount of water that condenses is dependent on the relative humidity, but I know I had to tip my compressor a bit for some water to bleed out.

Hi Zip
The amount of water that condenses is dependent on the relative humidity, but I know I had to tip my compressor a bit for some water to bleed out.

my guess is because the air is so dry here, any water inside the tank is evaporating while i'm using it.

my guess is because the air is so dry here, any water inside the tank is evaporating while i'm using it.

If the the relative humidity in your area is extremely low, there isn't a problem, your compressor will only condense water that was already in the air it's taking in, therefore no humidity = no condensation, you will notice a big difference when the winter comes again and the humidity is anywhere between 50% and 90%.

Effectively, at this time of the year should be having more problems with tip dry than water, since the absence of water would cause your paint to dry quicker, unless of course your using Uro's.

Have you tried emptying your tank using the little bleed valve that will be situated somewhere on the tank towards the bottom. I never see any water in my moisture trap ... get loads from the tank though! If it was evaporating out of the tank it would end up in your mositure trap!

Andy

Back