Noise Reduction For Compressor Baffles Etc

The one I have isn't identical, but similar. Extremely quiet! Still...... You might try an old trick Yamaha et al used with air cooled 2 stroke engines - bits of rubber to dampen down any ringing between the cylinder fins.
But I think I'd go for a longer hose and putting the compressor outside.

I once solved the problem of a noisy compressor by placing it in another house, and I even got paid for it:thumbsup: however, shortly afterwards I did notice an extreme drop in pressure which made my work almost impossible:(

With the compressor you have putting it in any kind of enclosure will build too much heat on the compressor not only making the life of it shorter but will allow it to make more moisture. I would suggest getting a longer airline and place it further away.
But Sound deadening ceiling panels will kill the sound and allow the compressor to breath but you will have to build it a lot larger then the compressor so it have room to work correctly. In the long run it is cheaper to just buy a silent air or California air compressor. Or build your one out of an old fridge motor.

https://www.amazon.com/California-Air-Tools-8010SPC-Compressor/dp/B00GHPO8I2
Some nice views/video of a sound cabinet you could easily build with MDF and maybe a sliver 1/4" ply to mount the fittings at, not sure where they allow air in...I guess they just rely on the cabinet not being air tight. Probably better for a homebuilt to have a hole behind the foam caddycorner to the exhaust fans. MDF might even be quieter than that steel box.

Last edited:
Back