Non Artist Hoser From New York

beachrat

Young Tutorling
Hey all.
New to the forum and I thought I'd stop in and say hello.
As the title says,I'm not much of an artist but have been using an airbrush for a long time.
A lot fishing lures ,and the occasional auto and motorcycle stuff that's done with stencils and tape outs.
My airbrushes are all basic,old reliable single and double action siphon feed brushes. Badger 150,175 Crescendo,Paasche VL's, and H's, and a few old Binks Wrens. For smaller finer things I use a gravity feed Devilbiss Dagr which I love,but it doesn't get used much.
Paints are mostly urethane base/clears,SS and acrylic enamels. I also use a lot of reduced 1 Shot colors and occasional epoxy mixes. Tried a bunch of the waterborne Createx lines,but they weren't for me.
Compressor is also a basic 6.5HP 26 Gal Campbell Hausfeld.
Anyway,looking forward to reading and learning new things on the site.

Welcome to the forum! I would love to see some of your paintings. When you get the chance post em up. :)

Welcome aboard, Beachrat. Tons of info here, and a bunch of very helpful members. Don't hesitate to ask questions or jump in with solutions or tips...

Welcome to the forum. I also have a Crescendo 175, currently my only brush. I found it to be a real workhorse and all round. Used to use it for painting scale effects on RC models and the odd back ground on brush paintings. Until my 105 comes, I use it for everything. How do you find the 175?

CaptKarel

Welcome from the UK Beachrat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, whatever you paint we're here if you need any help. As you have been painting so long you may be able to help some of use when we get stuck. You never stop learning.

Lee

Beachrat, Welcome to the forum from the Fingerlakes. Great bunch of people here to get help from and exchange tips with.

Back