Noob, but with various skills and interests.

As Robby has said, its fine just dont leave the cup full of ammonia and walk away.

I generally dump any excess paint into the bin, wipe out with a tissue, fill with Windex, wipe the inside of the cup with a cotton tip. dump. refill and then spray out into a spray out pot (so you' re not inhaling the spray)
pull the needle and wipe down, more windex in the cup and spray out while the needle is out
put needle back - dont push the needle forward to far or you'll risk flaring the nozzle.
continue spraying out the windex, test on paper to make sure its spraying clean, then up the psi and spray out a few cup fulls of water.
done dusted and ready for action.

occasionally I'll have a clot/clog/bit of dried paint in the nozzle.....at which point I'll remove the nozzle and soak it in createx restorer (because i use mainly createx paint) after about an hour I'll use a long bristled artist brush to agitate inside the nozzle and put it back to soak.

Of all of my airbrushes I cant remember the last time I pulled any of them totally apart.
So I tried the Windex, and wow! It works so well! I think this will be my Aztec paint cleaner, as well as end of the day cleaner, just to make sure the brushes are clean. Ryan from bloodshot solution works well to thin paint as well as a rinse, so I'll probably use it still, but I can't beat the result the window cleaner gave! Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate all the help!

Back