Noob from VA/USA

Landon Phillips

Young Tutorling
41 yrs old, into art since early childhood and still chugging along at it. Spent most of my adult life on misc. career paths from military to computer repair / i.t. stuff. I have 3 kids, several pets, and an amazingly tolerant wife.

I'm into all sorts of art, way too many hobbies to be honest. I like pencil drawing, inked cartoons/comics, illustration, graphic design, logos & vectors, I even just began dabbling in 3D design using some CAD. I do hand tooled leather work, restore antique tools and furniture, and I've been into old cars and motorcycles since I was a kid as well. Growing up around family members that were avid racers helped that addiction.

I've dabbled a little with airbrush work over the years, but honestly I didn't really ever feel comfortable with the airbrush in my hand. I recently picked up a few new bottles of Createx paints and began watching a ton of YouTube videos as I've always had a strong desire to learn this skill. After watching countless hours of very informative videos, I decided to test some of the new found knowledge. MUCH better this time.

It has finally clicked for me, and I've began to get comfortable. I'm now at the stage of fighting airbrush/paint malfunctions and teaching myself to work them out. I'm practicing on bristol board and trying to do some scenery work, but overall I'm just focusing on learning the tool and having fun while doing so.

Looking forward to meeting folks and learning everything I can here.

Welcome to the forum from China! A tolerable wife does help a lot with airbrushing, some may say it’s a key prerequisite.

Welcome :)

giphy.gif

Welcome to the forum, restoring old tools, cars and motorbikes sounds like you will fit right in.

Lee

Welcome Landon! Sounds like you’re in totally the right mindset to take this up. Fighting the malfunctions and paint is definitely the name of the game when you start, but it does get easier. Glad to have you as part of our community.

Welcome from Australia

you seems to have several creative bones in your body so that’s a great starting point :)
We love newbies and can’t wait to help, (seriously! We’re wired like that) so when you find yourself scratching your head then do a search but don’t give yourself a headache looking for exactly your problem, start a thread - name it something logical (it helps others later when they’re hunting info) and we will happily guide you

Back