Noob question about compressors...

Hugh Jass

Young Tutorling
I have a compressor at home it is a 14cfm 100 litre compressor.
I use this for spraying up motorcycles and stuff in my garage.

Can I use this for my little iwata hp-cs airbrush?
Can I buy an adapter for the airhose and turn my 1/4bsp fitting into a 1/8 fitting for the airbrush hose?
I can run my water trap and pressure regulator on my usual hose.

Do any of you guys use a set up like this?
It is possible to do this right?
I know it will be loud! But I am used to it and the little airbrush cannot use that much air right?

Yes no problems using it, you can get a 1/4 to 1/8 bsp reducer for a couple of quid off ebay. You will have to use the reducer after the trap and reg but should have no issues. just turn the reg down to 25 ish psi and have a go. You can use higher psi and could possible go lower depending on the application and thickness of paint. I had mine set up on my big compressor for years.

Lee

Jordo has your answers. For artwork with appropriate paint/reduction you wouldn’t need to go over ~35psi. If you plan on t-shirts then you’ll need textile appropriate paint and a psi of ~50-60.

As the others have said, you can totally use that compressor. As you said, yes it’ll be loud, but that size tank means it won’t go off that much too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to have mine hooked up to a 200 litre. The bloody thing rarely kicked in, but when it did, it scared the bejeezus out of me every time, and had to peel myself off of the ceiling.

Back