Noob question (there's no stupid ones - OK?) .

A

ayjay

I recently bought a Badger 350-9, don't expect any stunning artworks from me, it's for spraying ceramic glazes.

I need to change the tip/needle (whatever) from a medium one to the heavy one.

Being blissfully unaware of anything to do with airbrushes until about a week ago I'm unsure of exactly what I need to change.

Looking at the parts available I see that there is a heavy *fluid needle*, a heavy *air tip*, and a heavy *fluid cap*.

Do I need to change all three or just the needle - or what?

Schematic diagram of a 350 is - not Here.

Edit: apparently I can't post links yet, but if you search google for "badger 350 schematic" the fourth link down will take you to one if you need to see the bits.

I'm not familiar with the brush but parts are matched to each other, so yes, you need to change all three parts to ensure normal spray characteristics.

ayjay
Nope until you hit 5 post you can not post a link.That is also why we ask for an introduction to tell us about yourself and how long you have been airbrushing , what airbrush ., what country . you know things that will allow you to have five post prior to asking a question..:D
It also helps us to when you ask things like where to buy certain things you get the best answer and not the best guess.

But yes you just need to change the parts you listed here. It is a single action airbrush so the trigger just turns on the air.
Depending on what type of glaze you are doing it dependent on the nozzle you will need.
If you are just blasting on a coating glaze yes the largest set up is what you need . But is you are painting graphics on the piece then what is in there will work as well.

My parents when they were doing ceramics used a Paasche VL for everything from painting the pieces to final glaze . (that became my first airbrush)

Thanks Mr. Micron, (and Madbrush), being a member of several other forums I understand about not being able to post links.

It's only really for putting accents of glazes or oxides onto pots, I have a larger spray gun for coating (although it's nice to have a little more control as with the airbrush), no graphics, if I could draw I'd probably be painting water colours not making pots.

Putting my thinking head on I looked at the diagram again and the parts available - I can buy either individual parts or a "needle assembly", the needle assembly appears to be a cheaper option anyway than buying the separate parts but it's only the needle 50-0812 and the fluid cap 50-762, it doesn't include the air tip 50-0752.

Diagram of the 350 below, the needle assembly is everything in the box at bottom left - does the advice to change everything still stand or will just the needle assembly be OK?

Attachments

• Model350parts.jpg
    Model350parts.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 12
Thanks Mr. Micron, (and Madbrush), being a member of several other forums I understand about not being able to post links.

It's only really for putting accents of glazes or oxides onto pots, I have a larger spray gun for coating (although it's nice to have a little more control as with the airbrush), no graphics, if I could draw I'd probably be painting water colours not making pots.

Putting my thinking head on I looked at the diagram again and the parts available - I can buy either individual parts or a "needle assembly", the needle assembly appears to be a cheaper option anyway than buying the separate parts but it's only the needle 50-0812 and the fluid cap 50-762, it doesn't include the air tip 50-0752.

Diagram of the 350 below, the needle assembly is everything in the box at bottom left - does the advice to change everything still stand or will just the needle assembly be OK?

That is all you need to make this gun have a larger set up.
My granddad use to make pottery back in the day , Brown county hills pottery was the name of his place .
I still have a few pieces he made.
Mom still has 2 kilns she is going to be selling soon one it a large 220 volts one and the other is a smaller 110 volt one. plus a couple hundred molds ..
So post up some of you work would really love to see it.
Plus you will learn here you do not have to draw to be able to airbrush but it does help sometimes...:D

Isn't that why we have stencils?
My other half says [and I agree ] I can't draw worth a damn, but I still try anyway! Lmao!

That is all you need to make this gun have a larger set up.
My granddad use to make pottery back in the day , Brown county hills pottery was the name of his place .
I still have a few pieces he made.
Mom still has 2 kilns she is going to be selling soon one it a large 220 volts one and the other is a smaller 110 volt one. plus a couple hundred molds ..
So post up some of you work would really love to see it.
Plus you will learn here you do not have to draw to be able to airbrush but it does help sometimes...:D

OK thanks, a needle assembly it is then.

I took a quick look on google for Brown County Hills Pottery and there's a reasonable amount of info about it.

It's always interesting to read about old pottery places (more entertaining then telly); nice one.

Back