Not sure I like cups on gravity feeds....

I

inevitable

So I have been playing with my cleaned up and now functioning Olympos hb100 although I'm not feeling the love for the gravity feed cup! (the fine needle setup is quite different to my .5 eclipse and I have spent a bit of time getting used to different paint mixes)

Although it only has a small cup I feel it gets in the way (visually) compared to my eclipse bcs.

I have been looking at side feeds and notice that they require a higher pressure than gravity feeds to operate, although not as much as a siphon feed - is there any reason that airbrush manufacturers do not make a gravity fed side mounted / removable paint cup?
....whilst I'm on crazy ideas I would also love to have a laser sight on my airbrush as I'm still struggling to get my spray exactly where I want it on my first spray!

I use my Micron with standard side feed cup at 8psi so it is a myth that you need more psi to drive them. Badger has a side feed with a gravity cup in their Renegade range. If the cup connects at the bottom it is a gravity feed, middle or top it works like a syphon feed.

I personally find a gravity feed preferable to side feed as I find it better balanced than having that cup hanging off the side, it feels like the brush wants ti twist in my hand when using side feed......also with a syphon feed I'm scared the heavy jar/bottle will fall out of the bottom...... gravity feed for me!

I loved a gravity feed just because that is what I was use to, until I got the renegades. I really like the spirit (side feed) and also run it about 8to 10 psi. Still haven't played with a siphon feed yet, but I am sure each style has their purpose and it up to the artist for preference. Also don't worry about the laser site, lol!! I promise one day will just be painting and it will hit you that you. Are hitting your mark without trying :)

Josh

whilst I'm on crazy ideas I would also love to have a laser sight on my airbrush as I'm still struggling to get my spray exactly where I want it on my first spray

Hell thats a really good idea LOL, just buy one of those mini laser pointers mate and sticky tape the bugger on :)

Hell thats a really good idea LOL, just buy one of those mini laser pointers mate and sticky tape the bugger on :)

Maybe Ken can look to make some :p

..remember you saw it here 1st folks!

Back