Nozzle Cap

otpowell

Double Actioner
Hi all, I use clear window cleaner to clean the spectra-tex paint out of my airbrush.. While cleaning, I noticed tiny tiny bubbles coming from where my crown threads onto my nozzle cap.. Is this bad? My Iwata is brand new and haven't noticed any performance issues... I noticed the tiny bubbles when some of the window cleaner ran down my nozzle accidentally.. Perhaps Chapstick to seal the threads.. I usually use iwata super lube to seal my threads.. Maybe I should switch to Chapstick to seal the threads.. Does everyone use something to seal their threads? Seems like the super lube should suffice..

You mean the needle cap then. Yes this is normal at some times and won't affect performance of the brush. If it was at the nozzle cap where it threads onto the airbrush head, then you should have sealed it. Remove the needle cap and it will spray just fine too, so no issues here. But if this annoys you and you don't paint with the needle cap off, then you can seal it with chapstick or some beeswax.
Now lube will not seal thread, it if thin in viscosity and although you see it sealed, it will get washed away soon.
B

Yeah that's it.. The needle cap! I knew that actually, just didn't think about it and kind of freaked when I saw the bubbles.. Anyway, thanks for the comforting reply!

I would not even bother with sealing that thread. It does nothing. I bet you only notice it when you back-flush? The air route is no where near that thread.

Back