Nozzle size

but if I understand nozzle setup on that gun is not good for primer?
NO it is not! GTi is just for base and clear! My suggestion: buy a cheap Chinese NO NAME 1,6 mm gun for Primer (from Bauhaus etc.) There is no need for an expensive gun for spraying just primer. You can allways sand the primer after 3 coats. Anleard than you have one gun just for primer and one for base and clear:)

NO it is not! GTi is just for base and clear! My suggestion: buy a cheap Chinese NO NAME 1,6 mm gun for Primer (from Bauhaus etc.) There is no need for an expensive gun for spraying just primer. You can allways sand the primer after 3 coats. Anleard than you have one gun just for primer and one for base and clear:)
Thanks. You saved my Slovakian ass :D

Snot is what flies out of your nose when laughing too hard. Im not sure what all is on my phone but wow that was just funny! :thumbsup:
thank you. I was googling about snot, but there were bunch of definitions, so I rather asked :)

That reminds me of an old rhyme: You think its always funny cuz my nose is always runny but it's not!
I'm not sure if google can translate the humor in that one ;)

@huskystafford I would do what Darijan said and get a cheap gun for the primer. I would however go for a good quality gun for clear. The gti pro lite is a phenomenal gun but way expensive. I can confirm that the Az3 (airgunza) is a real good gun. I cant say about the recommendation gun from sprayguns direct but i'm sure they wouldn't say it was good if it was rubbish because they'd get them sent back. It's nice to have a gun just for clear and if you can afford it then thats great but you need to really clean the gun well when switching to clear. I have seen peeps use the same gun for basecoat and clear without any trouble.
I have a cheap gun for primer (1.4 and 2.0 setups) and it works fine. I have 2 Devilbiss sri pro's for clear and basecoat but i was lucky and got them hardly used and cheap.

Lee

@huskystafford I would do what Darijan said and get a cheap gun for the primer. I would however go for a good quality gun for clear. The gti pro lite is a phenomenal gun but way expensive. I can confirm that the Az3 (airgunza) is a real good gun. I cant say about the recommendation gun from sprayguns direct but i'm sure they wouldn't say it was good if it was rubbish because they'd get them sent back. It's nice to have a gun just for clear and if you can afford it then thats great but you need to really clean the gun well when switching to clear. I have seen peeps use the same gun for basecoat and clear without any trouble.
I have a cheap gun for primer (1.4 and 2.0 setups) and it works fine. I have 2 Devilbiss sri pro's for clear and basecoat but i was lucky and got them hardly used and cheap.

Lee
I am in a process to build my self setup for working on hard surfaces. So I will need to buy some guns and probably compressor also, cause my little home beast will not cut it. If I would get guns which don't have higher cfm I would save 300 euros. 9.6 cfm max silent compressor cost me 440 euros, the next one is 14cfm max silent and it costs 730 euros. But if I buy the one which doesn't cut it, I am throwing my money out of the window. So I will save some money with cheap primer gun. Now to the next step -.-

Wish I would of saw this earlier. Long day at work. Everyone’s pretty much answered the questions as far as a gun for each purpose. Don’t go nuts on a primer gun, primer gunks up a fun quick and it’s thick. Look into a Sri pro or Sri pro lite. Sweet guns. From what I’ve seen the ANI is a pretty slick gun for the price. While you're at it get those ani cheater valves...very nice and cheap..or should I say inexpensive. Got a few of those on the way to me as we speak.

Wish I would of saw this earlier. Long day at work. Everyone’s pretty much answered the questions as far as a gun for each purpose. Don’t go nuts on a primer gun, primer gunks up a fun quick and it’s thick. Look into a Sri pro or Sri pro lite. Sweet guns. From what I’ve seen the ANI is a pretty slick gun for the price. While you're at it get those ani cheater valves...very nice and cheap..or should I say inexpensive. Got a few of those on the way to me as we speak.
cheater valves? what is that?

I am just collecting advices and counting my money. lol
You might as well burn your money. If you think airbrushes are addicting you just wait till you start playing with the big boy guns...omg. Me, I’m in love with Anest Iwata guns....love em!

Back