For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

October Bio-Mech Competition - Sponsored by Custom Paint Magazine!

Discussion in 'Competitions!' started by airbrushtutor, Sep 30, 2013.

1. SaxTecc05

SaxTecc05 Elite Member! Elite Member!

Congrats Carnun with winning the last round !
  2. jacksparrow

jacksparrow Elite Member! Elite Member!

Congratulations Carnum,
    a truly stunning piece!!
  3. Carnun

Carnun Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

OK.,..just going to start typing cause I am not really sure what to say!? This is really exciting news! After the Facebook round I thought I didn't really stand a chance… actually in the Forum round I thought I didn’t stand a chance – there are so many bloody good entries, I can totally understand that the Panel had a difficult time picking a winner. And what Mitch said about luck is true, and I was just lucky enough that the painting that I made appealed to those judges that were unfortunate enough to be in the position to make a decision.

I have looked through the gallery several times, and there is something to learn from every piece. There were times when I was painting to late in the night, and I had a comforting feeling that there were other people across the world, at the same time painting the same thing (well almost the same thing, there are a lot of freaky imaginations around!!) - I thought that was a pretty cool concept! LOL! Anyway…. I am getting sentimental now…

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who voted and commented about my art. I was impressed that people could interpret some of the narrative that this painting portrayed. I have been blown away by people’s reactions and it has been a real boost to my confidence. There were many times I thought I should just give up because what I was doing wasn’t very good, and it came to the point where I just felt like a winner for finishing and submitting. (I know that sounds a bit cliché, but I have always been highly critical of my work )But ultimately, it’s a huge ego booster to know that you have created a positive experience for someone just by something you have created and shared. One of the lessons I learnt, is I will continue to keep sharing.

Again, a big thank you to Mitch, the sponsors and the mods for setting up the competition, to everyone who participated and shared their art and gave me something to enjoy, to everyone who voted and commented and finally thank you to the Panel of judges for their critical evaluation of our work…. And then choosing mine :p Also, thanks to everyone who contributes and shares their knowledge on this forum. This painting is my accumulation of that knowledge!!

Cheers!!!!!!!
  4. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

Congratulations Carnun. I thought that was the one all the whoo haa was about. Very cool detail.
  5. Theron

Theron Triple Actioner

Congrats Carnun. One of the best works in this competition. Tons of details , great concept and execution . Well deserved mate. :)
  6. Jedi Weasel

Jedi Weasel Needle-chuck Ninja

Congrats Carnun! It is a great work that reflects a great idea! Well deserve!! :) Congrats to all who managed to enter the contest either, great work!! These competitions are great!! Thanks to all who made it happen and of course Mitch Buchannon.... Lowther. I'm still excited with the Baywatch forum competition.. sorry! ;) :)
  7. Madbrush

Madbrush Guest

Well done indeed Carnun,very well deserved win, I can now reveal that this was the one I voted for in the forum vote, and like Mitch said, It was a very close decision.

I'm totally chuffed for you mate, be sure to tell us how you did it.
  8. Squishy

Squishy Queen Clown Slayer Mod

A well deserved win CArnun, mind blowing stuff!!!!!! Totally inspiring work! Will there be a list of runners up, so many deserve a shout out for their entries. In fact everyone does, but I'd be cool to know who else was in the running. Well done people, we did good! And thanks to everyone who made it all possible :)!!!
  9. ad fez

ad fez kind of a big deal = Admington

*fez jedi mind tricks andre............ this is not the whoo haa you are looking for ;o)
  10. Melbee

Melbee Detail Decepticon!

Congratulations to everyone that entered this competition, I LOVED seeing all your paintings.

Congratulations to the 3 winners!!

Wonderful Stuff!! :) :)
    Cheers Mel
  11. Russ Allen

Russ Allen Elite Member! Elite Member!

Well deserved for all the winners!!! Excellent work!!! Really a great competition, you all did awesome!! Some day soon I will get free to complete a competition piece, lol, but until I do, I will continue to watch each of you as you progress as its very inspirational!!! Congrats to all the winners and to all those who entered! You're all winners in my book!
  12. metalitom

metalitom Young Tutorling

Well done to all the winners, and well done to all who entered,
  13. Sitni

Sitni Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

Congrats Carnun ! That is some great work and awesome detail. Every time I look at it i find something new on this painting. :applause:
  14. Orale62

Orale62 Young Tutorling

Congrats Carnun excelent creative art !!
  15. Carnun

Carnun Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Thanks everyone! I will be sure to make a WIP. I have a few photos and reference images scattered about.
  16. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

A big congratulations to Theron, Carnun and 4d for taking the prizes! And a massive congrats to everyone who entered this comp, this has been the most creative, challenging and difficult to judge competition to date with so many great pieces of art!
    Every one of you has pulled out the stops on this one, you got out of your comfort zones and gave it a go, it’s a shame there is only 3 prizes. I particularly what to say a big good’on’ya to those beginners who knew they had a slim chance of competing against some off the obviously skilled and time served pro’s who entered, but took it on to push themselves and enjoy the journey and taking part!
    There was not one that didn’t deserve a place in that gallery of talent, unfortunately there can only be a few top prizes, but that’s the point, you can see where you need to get to win..and one day you will, I was the only mod to enter and I didn’t get any votes if that makes you feel better ha ha !
    It was a real blast doing this competition and just show cases the talent we have on this forum, so well done to all and thanks for making it a good oneJ

Kev
  17. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

Also I should also say a massive thanks to Mick Neil from Custompaint Studios for the sponsor and supply of the prizes.

Also a big thanks to Clive from AirbourneArtwerks and Kustomsammy Cave for their help in the judging.
  18. Alcaind

Alcaind Double Actioner

Congrats to all of you ppl. we all win from this comp. i think that the lvl of this comp was very very high.