Odd, potentially dumb Air pressure question

• Thread starter TacticalBacon02
  • Start date
T

TacticalBacon02

I've got a potentially dumb question... Do you set your air pressure to where it's at when you're not using it or do you set it when you have the trigger pressed? Like 20psi when the airbrush is not in use or 20psi when you're pressing the trigger and the pressure slightly drops on the guage?

I use the pressure gauge only as a rough guide, going by flow and feel. If I want a specific pressure I will set the gauge with the air flowing.

I set my pressure gauge at 50, I have a MAC valve on my hose and adjust that accordingly by feel, but both are usually done with the air flowing.

I've got a potentially dumb question... Do you set your air pressure to where it's at when you're not using it or do you set it when you have the trigger pressed? Like 20psi when the airbrush is not in use or 20psi when you're pressing the trigger and the pressure slightly drops on the guage?
Air flowing mate :) the pressure shouldn't be hard on the ears and should be able to indent the skin on your index finger when you hold it close. :thumbsup:

I set my pressure gauge at 50, I have a MAC valve on my hose and adjust that accordingly by feel, but both are usually done with the air flowing.

I do the same, and never know what psi I am running at. I reduce my paint, then adjust the MAC valve and adjust the reduction until it sprays how I want.

Air flowing is the correct way.
If you set a pressure with the air stationary, when you come to use it, the pressure will be much lower.

Back