Off center nozzle cap

MarcosD

Detail Decepticon!
As life is slowly coming back to normal I grabbed my brushes to take off the dust on them and unluckily I found that my CM-C was looking like this!!
1c30b88daa8b331a272066b6ebd12e91.jpg

Then I put a nozzle cap from my CM-C and it was almost perfectly centered, like this
848e03647f7e5c2f176dcabeb7fa752d.jpg

So my question is, which part do I have to change? and what could had happened as it never fell?
Thanx in advance!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

That’s very odd. I don’t have anything to offer unfortunately, I’m just lurking to see the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my question is, which part do I have to change? and what could had happened as it never fell?
Thanx in advance!!

In this case it's not the question what part to change. I would center the nozzle. Certainly, you can match the parts till you find the best, but it's a bit pricey than centering yourself.

Micron heads are sold as ready to use units, nozzle and the cap are being centered at the factory. Sometimes changing the cap or the nozzle for a new one you can get good centering, sometimes not. That's why I center the nozzles myself if smth goes wrong with new parts.

In newer ABs centering is better, I think they have better machining. In old (not used) ABs I found off centering much more than in new.

In this case it's not the question what part to change. I would center the nozzle. Certainly, you can match the parts till you find the best, but it's a bit pricey than centering yourself.

Micron heads are sold as ready to use units, nozzle and the cap are being centered at the factory. Sometimes changing the cap or the nozzle for a new one you can get good centering, sometimes not. That's why I center the nozzles myself if smth goes wrong with new parts.

In newer ABs centering is better, I think they have better machining. In old (not used) ABs I found off centering much more than in new.
how do you center it? Just wondering. lol

Then I put a nozzle cap from my CM-C and it was almost perfectly centered, like this
848e03647f7e5c2f176dcabeb7fa752d.jpg

Thanx in advance!!

I mean put another nozzle cap from my CM-SB

Yes how do you center the nozzle??

Yes how do you center the nozzle??

Indeed, should have mentioned that.
Quite simple. You need bamboo stick for sushi. Give to one end of it the shape (rounded inside and outside, it looks like spoon cut in half) that would come inside the space between the nozzle base (paint tube) and head base. This shape should be thin enough to come inside, but getting thicker towards other end of the stick, so when you'd be pushing the stick inside it would move the paint tube towards the direction you need, where the nozzle and the cap would be perfectly aligned.
For the first attempts apply low force, so you'd understand how you should go. It takes some time to get it right, but that's minutes. I the end you'll have just what you need. I've adjusted some ABs this way.
I would remove the paint nozzle when making the procedures;) Reason? Not spoiling one.
This way is available to anyone.

I found that the issue is in the fluid head nozzle Base (I-535-1A), it has the stem where you screw in the nozzle a little inclined! @DaveG do you know how can I solve this issue?

Indeed, should have mentioned that.
Quite simple. You need bamboo stick for sushi. Give to one end of it the shape (rounded inside and outside, it looks like spoon cut in half) that would come inside the space between the nozzle base (paint tube) and head base. This shape should be thin enough to come inside, but getting thicker towards other end of the stick, so when you'd be pushing the stick inside it would move the paint tube towards the direction you need, where the nozzle and the cap would be perfectly aligned.
For the first attempts apply low force, so you'd understand how you should go. It takes some time to get it right, but that's minutes. I the end you'll have just what you need. I've adjusted some ABs this way.
I would remove the paint nozzle when making the procedures;) Reason? Not spoiling one.
This way is available to anyone.
Thanx @Vladimir will try this!!

I found that the issue is in the fluid head nozzle Base (I-535-1A), it has the stem where you screw in the nozzle a little inclined! @DaveG do you know how can I solve this issue?

If this is correct, I am not sure how the CM-SB nozzle cap would have lined up centered ;), as it should have been just as off center as the CM-C nozzle cap... I go the same route as what Vladimir described, with a bamboo stick (easy to obtain). I actually use a small tool that I made, in conjunction with my lathe chuck, but Vladimir's description is best for the home remedy. If you are apprehensive about it, you could simply try buying a new head base...

Thanx @Vladimir will try this!!

Show the result @MarcosD !

If this is correct, I am not sure how the CM-SB nozzle cap would have lined up centered ;), as it should have been just as off center as the CM-C nozzle cap... I go the same route as what Vladimir described, with a bamboo stick (easy to obtain). I actually use a small tool that I made, in conjunction with my lathe chuck, but Vladimir's description is best for the home remedy. If you are apprehensive about it, you could simply try buying a new head base...

Yes, Dave, there are other ways. I mentioned one that available for anyone:)
I've got now the tool, that gives less headache when centering. But who would have that not having access to the lathe;)
BTW, have you thought on new product? I have;)

Show the result @MarcosD !

Yes, Dave, there are other ways. I mentioned one that available for anyone:)
I've got now the tool, that gives less headache when centering. But who would have that not having access to the lathe;)
BTW, have you thought on new product? I have;)
Have not put any effort in to thinking about anything new - I have had my hands full with just normal stuff. I had surgery the day after Christmas, and have been on the mend since. It takes close to half a day to warm the shop up enough to be comfortable, so i will concentrate on the things I know I need to get done...

Yes it is correct, as you can see in the picture the CM-SB is a little off centered too, and your question was my first question too!!! But watching it closer you can see the little inclination on it

Have not put any effort in to thinking about anything new - I have had my hands full with just normal stuff. I had surgery the day after Christmas, and have been on the mend since. It takes close to half a day to warm the shop up enough to be comfortable, so i will concentrate on the things I know I need to get done...

Have fast recovery!

Familiar situation with cold temperatures, I got cold for few times already this winter. Also wait for a half of a day to get normal temperature to work.
What do you heat your shop space with?

I think I made it!! It took quite amount of force to move it, I was so afraid that almost pissed my pants!! thanx @Vladimir and @DaveG , can you post a picture of that diy tool so we all can made one!! thanx
64ad38712cc4892164e4f851da5353b5.jpg

I admire the balls Sir lol. I’d be real scared doing that job, so I really do tip my hat to you for getting stuck into the job. Nice one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I made it!! It took quite amount of force to move it, I was so afraid that almost pissed my pants!!

Glad to see the result! It's just that!:thumbsup:
Don't think that I haven't had that feeling!:D When you take in your hands tiny thing for $125 that looks like to be easily spoiled, you go as careful as possible. That takes time to get the things right. But the beauty of the results is always worth those efforts and nerves;)

Back