Oil Compressor Snag...

P

polybuilder

Hi all... I recently bought a BB v24 Bambi compressor and lve noticed that therevis a slght amount of oil comming out of the brush and onto the artwork... currently Im working on a Harley Davidson tank & gaurd...
I have emtied the filter just below the pressure adjuster... and opened the drain on the botom of the tank... but there is still ol comming out... any one else run into this snag... and any ideas on how to go about stopping this from happening.. I've also got a grip filter attached...

It's a big pain and can't seem to sort it out...

Cheers
James

Have you over filled the oil in the compressor? You may need to flush the air lines as well to remove all the contaminants. I have an oil filled DIY silent model, I use a 2 stage moisture trap/ regulator and oil coalescer filter set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the speedy reply Wayne... well... my compressor is just below the oil level mark... so that should be okay... flushing the air hose seems like it cuold sort the problem... what's the best way to go about that
Cheers!!
James

Have you over filled the oil in the compressor? You may need to flush the air lines as well to remove all the contaminants. I have an oil filled DIY silent model, I use a 2 stage moisture trap/ regulator and oil coalescer filter set up.

I think I've sorted the problem for now... cleaned everything I could... but I'm interested in the set up you mentioned... could you explain what it is please

Cheers
James

It is a combination unit. First stage separates out oils, passes through this to the next stage which is just a regulator/moisture trap combo, mine then goes into a 6 port manifold. The unit is bolted together as one.

?... and you get no oil coming out?.. then that seems to be a good setup...

I'm still having snags with the oil after cleaning everything... how much do you have to spend to get things right, that's what I would like to know... this comp cost me a small fortune... it was recommended even... took me a long time to get it and now I' worse off than I was with the tiny thing I had before:(

Is there any chance you could give me an idea of what I actualy need to get to stop the oil... and where this goes on your setup...

Cheers
James

If you've just bought the compressor it should be under guarantee. If you haven't over filled the oil then it sounds like you have a problem somewhere in the compressor that needs to be fixed. Fitting a "2 stage moisture trap/ regulator and oil coalescer filter" like the one wmlepage has may help but it doesn't fix the problem with the compressor.

Have you contacted the supplier and asked them about the problem?

It might be a question of tightening a bolt or a connection is set up wrong or there is a filter missing, it's their product so they should know or the manufacturer. If it persists then send it back under the guarantee and get it sorted.

Back