Ok, ok I retract my Createx bashing. Lol

crewchief227

Needle-chuck Ninja
I still don't use a lot of their paints, just the candy2o line, and now I have fallen in love with Wicked detail white reduced with 4012. I normally use E'tac's and since I have extensive experience with them I can get their white to flow pretty good. But the 4012 makes the Wicked almost urethane like, and I love using it with my CM-C+V2. :thumbsup:

LOL yeah mainly it is just learning how to use it . For me I never use the 4012 anymore instead I use the 4020 automotive reducer that small bit of acetone really makes it flow like urethane. But some folks have had issues with seeding on both of them .

LOL yeah mainly it is just learning how to use it . For me I never use the 4012 anymore instead I use the 4020 automotive reducer that small bit of acetone really makes it flow like urethane. But some folks have had issues with seeding on both of them .
See the one thing I don't like is the glycol in it. It makes my eyes turn red after a few hours of spraying, and I'm not wearing swimming goggles to airbrushlollol:p. I should give the 4020 a try, thanks.

See the one thing I don't like is the glycol in it. It makes my eyes turn red after a few hours of spraying, and I'm not wearing swimming goggles to airbrushlollol:p. I should give the 4020 a try, thanks.
It's still has the same stuff in it. Just also adds a touch of acetone.

Glad you’ve hit on a winning combo Crewchief. I haven’t tried Detail White. I did have Wicked White, but gave up trying to get it through my Micron consistently, that’s when I switched to Illustration White. I’ve had no problems with that, but Detail White might be better for coverage. Interesting either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they have changed the formula at all? My WD white is the worst of the bunch. Everytime I think I was being a little bi*** and gave up on it I'll try it again. And it just WILL NOT FLOW. I have many other whites, and WD white is the bottom of them all for ease of use. Very difficult.

Also WD has a flat opaque white, which I have never tried.

I tried the ci for about maybe 2 minutes and had a headache for hours I admit it sprays good but that is about it and it is impossible to erase on shoellershammer paper so I gave the sample back and wont touch the stuff anymore as it cant beat etac efx in my book

I tried the ci for about maybe 2 minutes and had a headache for hours I admit it sprays good but that is about it and it is impossible to erase on shoellershammer paper so I gave the sample back and wont touch the stuff anymore as it cant beat etac efx in my book

When was that? I have the original CI white when it first came out and it's nothing like the bottle that I just recently got. I have not tried my new CI white. Also Etac white is weak but it doesn't have as many issues as other whites I have.

When was that? I have the original CI white when it first came out and it's nothing like the bottle that I just recently got. I have not tried my new CI white. Also Etac white is weak but it doesn't have as many issues as other whites I have.
I was given a sample bottle CI paynes grey last year and the reducer and it went straight back , I hardly use any white paint but have no problems with etac efx or the ps white I even make it less opaque by dding either reduce base or extend base to it but then again I use white for monochrome work on a black base

I was given a sample bottle CI paynes grey last year and the reducer and it went straight back , I hardly use any white paint but have no problems with etac efx or the ps white I even make it less opaque by dding either reduce base or extend base to it but then again I use white for monochrome work on a black base
See I have had nothing but issues with the Etac fx sample I was sent so it goes to show what works for some does not work for all. LOL

Funny how different folks have different experiences, I have both efx and Ci and have no trouble with either of them. It just shows how the paints work differently around the world and with different users and airbrushes. For anyone reading who hasn't found their favourite and is still experimenting with paints, I can only say try different paints and go with what works for you the best.

Lee

The differences between the paints are crazy, then when personal preference comes in there’s no telling what paint will win for the individual lol. We’re lucky to have a pretty decent crane of manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Lee and Siroxx each of us have a favorite paint to play with but that doesnt mean that paint will play nice for every one
to me the side effect of the CI is a headache I can do without no matter how good it sprays

So an update, I got some 4020, and haven't noticed a big difference over the 4012, but what has been interesting is using my etac PS white with Createx reducers. They spray pretty smooth when over reduced, but I can also get that same performance with my own reducer I make. I have both the PS and FX lines of etac, I haven't tried the createx reduces with the FX line yet, but I'll get back to you. I've been using etac paints daily now for about 5 years, so I'm just really familiar with it, and can get white to spray out of my .18 or .23 microns just fine. So like said above, what works for some may not be for others.

I've always loved the Wicked white, I guess I got lucky and stumbled on a mix that gave me great flow from the start. The black on the other hand, took me ages to get to grips with - but it was worth persevering, it's such a rich deep black.

I've always loved the Wicked white, I guess I got lucky and stumbled on a mix that gave me great flow from the start. The black on the other hand, took me ages to get to grips with - but it was worth persevering, it's such a rich deep black.
See I wish you could spray it (trust me you can't I've tried), but have you ever seen how deep black a Montana marker is? OMG it is the deepest flat black I have seen, and I love me some flat black. Lol

Back