old copper color

Seamonkey

Air-Valve Autobot!
Does anyone out there know what colors i can mix to make the old oxidized copper color of the statue of liberty. im about to start a pic of the S.O.L. and need that color. Or has anyone seen the coast airbrush video with ryno painting the S.O.L under the car hood and they may have said what it is so i can order it. thanks for reading!!

KEEP PAINTING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!:tongue-new:

Holy cow, nothin' in days, huh?
I read this days ago, but have never tried anything like making that color, so I left it alone. Is the Ryno vid, one that's for sale, or coastairbrushTV? If I were in your shoes, Id just start mixing...

A few drops of this and a couple of that, just take your best shot and see if you can't narrow it down. I was going to do one of my guitars in a steampunk theme. I bought some cheap rattlecan copper to paint over some gismo's and do-hickies, to hang off of it. My biggest problem was the same as yours. I could only get it to look kinda old with trying to age it with black in all the cracks and corners. I needed that sea-foam-green kinda color. I kinda set that one aside, and moved on.

Is the S.O.L. job a paying one? If so it may be worth the investment into Ryno's video. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Holy cow, nothin' in days, huh?
I read this days ago, but have never tried anything like making that color, so I left it alone. Is the Ryno vid, one that's for sale, or coastairbrushTV? If I were in your shoes, Id just start mixing...

A few drops of this and a couple of that, just take your best shot and see if you can't narrow it down. I was going to do one of my guitars in a steampunk theme. I bought some cheap rattlecan copper to paint over some gismo's and do-hickies, to hang off of it. My biggest problem was the same as yours. I could only get it to look kinda old with trying to age it with black in all the cracks and corners. I needed that sea-foam-green kinda color. I kinda set that one aside, and moved on.

Is the S.O.L. job a paying one? If so it may be worth the investment into Ryno's video. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I replied to this in the chatbox, lime green with a little black mixed in.

I had a darker color of normal green and added a good bit of white and its looks pretty close. I will post some pics in here as i go.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ProperlyStained;476 Is the S.O.L. job a paying one? If so it may be worth the investment into Ryno's video. Sorry I couldn't be more help.[/QUOTE said:
Its for my "red tool box" so im paying for it!! Lol

I had a darker color of normal green and added a good bit of white and its looks pretty close. I will post some pics in here as i go.

Almost the same but in reverse, the reason for the lime green is that with what you ended up with now, the slight amount of black gives it the dirty dated look, mixing colours is part of my own job description, but if it looks good then it is good.

And if the finished product ends up half as good as the fish it will still be excellent, can't wait to see it.

To get a true antique copper or bronze look I'd go with candies maybe "root beer" you can change the effect by being creative with what you paint on the the base coats and it is easy to get a great 3D look. just a thought, hope it helps.
cheers Lou.

Last edited by a moderator:
To get a true antique copper or bronze look I'd go with candies maybe "root beer" you can change the effect by being creative with what you paint on the the base coats and it is easy to get a great 3D look. just a thought, hope it helps.
cheers Lou.

I may have to try that!! That root beer may a nice touch!!

Back