Old VL trouble-shooting(skipping?)!!

ZisisBFL

Mac-Valve Maestro!
Hi all!! Just the other day i dig up the ol'trusty Paasce VL to try something. I put only water to spray when i noticed that it was not spraying good!! Sprays a little, then stops, then sprays again ..etc!!( I thought skipping??) After all the cleaning and re-adjusting the problem stayed!!
I changed the tip & needle(with the 0.5 set) and for my suprise the problem still stays(i sprayed only water)!!!:culpability::apologetic:

I would appreciate any feedback in this trouble-shooting cause i though i could use it for large applications(and dont have money for a new brush:smug:)!!

Thanks in advance.

When installing the needle do you feel tension on it as it passes through the needle bearing.
When I first used mine after it had set around my parents place for years I had to replace the needle bearing o-ring . That cure the same problem I was having at the time.

Thanks for the reply Mr.Micron!! Mine vl too was left for a couple of years without using it. Yes i feel tension when i put the needle back in but i couldnt specify what the needle bearing o-ring is???
I'm posting the vl's parts pic and if u would like to show me what part should i replace?

Thanks again

DSC04643-web.jpg

Thanks for the reply Mr.Micron!! Mine vl too was left for a couple of years without using it. Yes i feel tension when i put the needle back in but i couldnt specify what the needle bearing o-ring is???
I'm posting the vl's parts pic and if u would like to show me what part should i replace?

Thanks again
View attachment 12514

Number 19 is the O-ring and number 20 is the screw that holds the needle bearing in place.
Use a straight tip jewelers screwdriver to take it out and in . I put a dap of sticky tack on the end of the screwdriver to hold it cause it is small.

Thanks again Mr.M!!
It looks impossible to reach!!LOL!!! but i'll give it a shot tomorrow!!

If you can not find a jeweler screwdriver you can use one for eye glasses . mainly it has to have a narrow head on it and the length to reach the screw.

Had the same problem with my Richpen 113, just a little tweak and it stopped, my seal was ok thankfully.

Lee

Back