Older olympos airbrush?

Olympos SP-A that different than original SP-A on olympos website

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legendary-U...539552?hash=item3d119d7fa0:g:2zIAAOSwe7BWvuf4

lettering and tail adjuster different from original SP-A on olympos website
http://www.olympos-airbrush.jp/product/737

Maybe there is old olympos and new olympos manufacturing?

There is no new Olympos manufacturing, just newer old stock that suffers in quality, don't waste your time on them unless you want to face problems in the near future trying to find parts for them when they eventually run out, stick to models that are still being manufactured and trusted names in particular, If I personally was in the market for a new brush, E'bay is the last place I would look, the closer to home you buy, the closer you are to a solution when something goes wrong:)

I've been trying to tell people there IS new Olympos manufacturing, and from what I've read on here so far, it doesn't hold up to the old stuff.
The old owner was VERY particular about the quality of materials, precision in manufacturing, etc. It's why the old ones go for so much on eBay.
I'm guessing the new owners are using "industry standard" practices and materials to cut costs.

A few years ago a USED MP200-C would easily get $500. Now brand new ones are going for $200? That's not how it works when supply is getting lower....

I've been trying to tell people there IS new Olympos manufacturing, and from what I've read on here so far, it doesn't hold up to the old stuff.
The old owner was VERY particular about the quality of materials, precision in manufacturing, etc. It's why the old ones go for so much on eBay.
I'm guessing the new owners are using "industry standard" practices and materials to cut costs.

A few years ago a USED MP200-C would easily get $500. Now brand new ones are going for $200? That's not how it works when supply is getting lower....

The new owners aren't doing anything at all as far as manufacturing goes, any parts that are being sold now are just surplus old stock that is a little bit newer than the even older stock but of lesser quality, but why are you trying to tell people there is new Olympos manufacturing, there simply isn't, the guy that owns Olympos stock now even states that on his website, so unless Olympos does start up manufacturing again parts will just become extinct, this is based on research and reading of the the owners own text, what I will guess at is the reason the brushes are so cheap now is because it's hit and miss weather you end up with a gem or not, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the surplus being sold now were parts that were condemned as not being good enough while the manufacturing process was still on the go, but the owner has decided they are still good enough to sell.

These brushes going for $200 instead of $500 is exactly how it works when the chance of spares is becoming scarce, I mean common sense would dictate that the brushes have far less worth when it is almost impossible to find parts for them, and with all the bad reviews recently I actually refused a free one, if I go to my electrical shop for a new television I can have a particular model for less than half price just because there is a newer version of the same model available, so when something is discontinued, naturally it's cheaper.

Thanks to an old friend who works as a translator in Japan, I was able to contact the actual Olympos owners. The "Olympos site" is a vendor, not the company itself.
There is no official Olympos website at the time.

According to what my friend was told, the company has reopened under new owners, and are making airbrushes.

That doesn't mean Olympos-airbrsh.onck is selling b-stock parts, though. That would explain the bad reviews and cheap prices.
Personally, I would say don't buy any Olympos airbrushes or parts that don't include an Olympos factory case.

Thanks to an old friend who works as a translator in Japan, I was able to contact the actual Olympos owners. The "Olympos site" is a vendor, not the company itself.
There is no official Olympos website at the time.

According to what my friend was told, the company has reopened under new owners, and are making airbrushes.

That doesn't mean Olympos-airbrsh.onck is selling b-stock parts, though. That would explain the bad reviews and cheap prices.
Personally, I would say don't buy any Olympos airbrushes or parts that don't include an Olympos factory case.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, I just wouldn't waste time and money on something that I may not be able to get genuine good quality parts for in the future, I would much prefer to pay double or for any of the ongoing trustworthy brands and have peace of mind:)

Back