Olympos HP-100B any good?

I

inevitable

Hi all

So I got this airbrush free when I bought my compressor (second hand).

It wasn't working when I got it - paint would just bubble up in the cup (like when you backwash. Anyway I got my delivery of airbrush restorer and went to work stripping and cleaning everything. A few hours later it is working!

My question is are these brushes any good? I currently have an iwata eclipse bcs with a .5 needle.

Thanks

Yes is the answer, the o;ympos HP-100b is a great airbrush and not a cheap one either. Its most likely a 0.2 setup and can pill nice tight fine lines without any problems. Parts are available and i believe that some Iwata parts will fit. I can tell you its easily as good as an Iwata hp-b and excellent quality too, You have got a good piece of kit there, look after it well and it will last forever.

Lee

I agree with Lee about the airbrush. The Olympos is a great airbrush and can compete with about any airbrush out there.

Thanks for the replies - I will give it a go and see how I get on with it then.
At the point of cleaning I thought it was a good test for the airbrush restorer - which seems to have done the job

I have one of those as well. Unfortunately, I dropped mine and bent the needle into a J and also dented the nozzle(? The round part that the needle sticks out). Like they were saying, it could pull a fine line. As far as getting parts, I haven't had much luck. I found that Grex has a line that is pretty close so I bought one. The Grex is not as nice, so I tried to use the parts from the Grex. Thy do fit, but, it has never worked as nice as it did before I dropped it.

Well I got to have a bit of a play with the brush this evening - seems okay, but feels different to my eclipse.
I found it suffered with a fair bit of tip dry despite using a fairly reduced paint. A bit more testing and practice with it I think, but it seems capable of producing nice thin lines.

Back