Olympos or Iwata

F

FirePanther

I was reading some stuff left and right and came across the brand name Olympos.
As curious as I am I searched further and found out that the Iwata hi end brushes are, sort of, copies of the Olmpos brushes (as I understood anyways).

They also say that the Olympus Micron brushes are better than those Microns from Iwata, and a fair 100 less money ghehe :p
In this I am focussing on the Olympos SP-B with a 0.18 needle, just like the Iwata CM-B
Its funny to see both brands having the same last letter to the same needle size and setup haha

Does any of you have used an Olympos before? Compared them with Iwatas?

That makes it an easy choice then haha thanks

I will just wait and see what Iwata comes up with with the new Super Micron thats in production as we speak.

That will be interesting to see because, as you said, high end Iwatas to date have been Olympos copies.

Iwata HP-C plus, so will be good for now... First lets get going with this one before I get ahead of myself ;)

From my research Olympos was the original company from Japan that sold Iwata the designs of many of the Iwata airbrushs including the micron. And Olympos is in business and really don't have retail outlet in the USA. However their are a few people that sell Olympos airbrushes on ebay. I personally purchased the Olympos MP 200C Micron.
Last year I purchased Badger's Sotar and the Paasche Vision and my experience is that definitely out performs the Sotar.

Olympos was one among Japanese brands produced at one airbrush factory and it was earlier than iwata.
The company is completely out of business from 2011 as I remember. The airbrushes and parts you can get now are final sales. Airbrushes themselves are from 80s and 90s.

Perhaps you are right but their website site doesn't reflect that. And even though there is an obvious language confusion, they do respond to questions, sales and seem to have sales of new products and replacement parts, as do the two USA people selling I contact. Pacific Airbrush and Frank Artale who has become sales agent and go to for Olympos.

"Their" site is Toshiya's site for sales, it's not official company's site. Answers and so on don't mean that some people can't resale those airbrushes. Anyone can become seller of Olympos)) Bulk prices id also on the website. Everyone can freely buy 1000 airbrushes just through PayPal.

"Their" site is Toshiya's site for sales, it's not official company's site. Answers and so on don't mean that some people can't resale those airbrushes. Anyone can become seller of Olympos)) Bulk prices id also on the website. Everyone can freely buy 1000 airbrushes just through PayPal.

Everyone can freely buy a 1000 or more of any brand or type of airbrush through pay pal depending on available stock at the time, I doubt 1000 brushes (and parts) would be just lying around since the 80's and 90's, but from what I've been reading, and I could well be wrong, after becoming a separate entity from Iwata, Olympos stopped producing for a time, then they started to build up again with ex employees taking over the company, the fact that there are now vendors of Olympos stock popping up all over the world makes me think there may be some truth in this.

But as Andre says, Frank will have a better idea of what is actually happening.

@frank artale will be abale to answer you about Olympos.

Yes. I will reply to anyone who has any questions. At anytime, day or night. I have had people call me at 3 am. I have no problem with that at all. Feel free as i am usually up until 2 am anyway.
Text or call me at (631) 206-4525

Back