OMFG i run out of ru311 what to do??

O

olvi

hi there guys.
i am now doing a piece of art but i run out of ru311 from house of kolor.

is there any replacement for it, other thinners eg:nitro ans so on??

because to buy one i have to wait 2 weeks for the package to arrive and in my country i cannot find any of hok products in a store.
please help and advice

Any medium reducer will do. the reducer brand doesn't matter. I rarely use hok reducers and I use mostly hok paints

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

can you type exactly the name and the brand you are using? I am not sure what is a medium reducer. I am still learning and I am not sure what to do. will a nitro reducer work?

There are so many brands. Just depends on what jobber I'm at. You just need any urethane reducer you can find. I don't know what's available to you. You can get them at auto parts stores if you have them

There are 3 types of urethane reducers. Slow medium and fast. This is just drying speed. If its really humid I'll use slow and use mostly slow for all airbrushing work to prevent tip dry and dusting of paint on the surface.

I was searching for any urethane reducer but there is no such thing here around :( that is why I was asking for a name or brand so I can check other and make a connection between what you use and what i can find here. but urethane thinner is no where to find.

Where are you located?

5 star,ppg,autobody masters,matrix, dupont,imron, tamco,urekem,kirker,advantage, list goes on and on lol

You should be able to get dupont products they have a distributor there in Romania somewhere. Good luck man.I'm at work so ill look online when I get home and see what I can come up with

Last edited by a moderator:
No that's acrylic not urethane. I'll pm you when I get home from work

No that's acrylic not urethane. I'll pm you when I get home from work

this is why I have asked for names and so on.
I really cannot find urethane paints in here. somehow they are banned. No one heard about them even dupont imports just acrylic

A lot of countries have banned them if you don't have a proper shop and booth because of the VOCs

May be your best bet to switch to waterbased and use what's available to you

Back