Only two questions today

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
first question
I have just traced a image and mounted it on a magnetic white board. I have more magnets than you can throw at a cat even magnetic strips I can cut if I need to I also have repositionable adhesive spray. I also have really thin magnets BUT their is a area that I only have two options glue the tracing paper to my illustration board or cut a magnetic strip to the shape or I suppose run off and buy so masking fluid and then place the tracing mask over the top and cut it at a thicker place.

Second question is my erasers
I have two Derwent pencil erasers silver one shaped to a fine point and one shaped to a chisel point but the rubber is very soft (eraser point) and also it wears down very quick what would you replace it with I also have a ink eraser again this is shaped to a chisel shape and mono zero and replacement 2mm inserts

Beginner-James

1) holding toothpick on sensitive area while you spraying?
2)I know many people use electric erasers.

I have tried to post my image but I can't image is copy right protected so this is the sort of image it's very similar

934fca05317a6841b8d409e38810de9c-d64ki72.jpg

this is just an idea...
put on 30 seconds of video

but cause you are probably spraying on magnet board and not on the flor that spider would fell off. Unless you use magnet for body. And legs of the spider would need to be more in spider wanna jump position for this to work. I think. Didn't tested it yet lol

a toothpick or a thin bamboo skewer will hold down the piece of paper while you spray. Personally I wouldnt glue the paper to the board, even with repositional glue spray, there's a chance that there will be glue residue left on the board.
If you are working on a magnetic board then just use your magnets. to hold it in position then use the bamboo skewer to hold down the paper where you want to spray, dont rely on the magnets holding the edge firm enough to stop the overspray sneaking under the paper.

Erasers:
very much a personal choice - and many choices are available. right tool for the job. some effects need a more subtle eraser. Electric erasers have their place but pencil type erasers are more forgiving.

Back