Opaque and Transparent

J

jgny1

I watch allot of videos like the snow leopard for instance. Everyone says they start with reduced black 1 part paint to 5 parts reducer or something close to that. My question is are you using opaque or transparent paints to start with?

I watch allot of videos like the snow leopard for instance. Everyone says they start with reduced black 1 part paint to 5 parts reducer or something close to that. My question is are you using opaque or transparent paints to start with?

I think he used opaque in the snow leopard, but when it comes to reducing an air presure, thosr numbers are to rough.
Example mitch uses an iwata with createx, u use a badger with spectra tex.
Then the 5 parts reducer say nothing, just that u need detail reducing, get a sheet of paper and play around with different pressures and thinnings, works this systematically to learn what u need to do.

Not sure on the actual vid ya mentioned m8 but on any artwork you can really use either way. If you plan an majority opaque piece it doesn't really matter if you go a little darker as you follow up opaque layers should cover most of the layout layer anyway, if your using lots of transparent overlay instead I would keep it quite light..As rick mentioned m8 its just a case of playing around a bit with your reductions..If your doing a full color piece your initial layout layer doesn't need to be done in black, personally i would use my lightest base color to do so but still reduce it a bit so my next layer can clean up any mistakes..GL

Back