Over spray problem? me, my ab or my paint?

O

olvi

Hello guys.
I have a problem with over spray.
I use com-art black at 35 psi.
iwata eclipse hp cp 0.3, the needle is brand new.
I am not sure why, but at ,let`s say medium-large lines, I get this over spray think (see the pictures).
As the title said , is it me, my ab or my paint?
please advice.
I am asking you this because at all the videos I saw on youtube I have never seen to someone doing a large line and get that mass of over spray.IMG_2907.JPG IMG_2908.JPG IMG_2909.JPG

It's your pressure, 35 psi is a bit much for detail or close up work, try around 10 to 15, or 5 to 10 with some reduction.

Tip: turn your pressure down until splattering starts and then up until just after the splattering stops, then you should be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Madbrush said.. 35psi is pretty high for comart as they are quite a thin paint..

Lee

A lot of us use that overspray and take advantage of it as on some applications its actually important but on others maybe not so much but the advice already given should see ya sorted..Good luck and keep practicing..

As indicated the pressure you use is a bit high. Also keep in mind that overspray is just a property of an airbrush and the bigger the nozzle the more it will become apearant.

You might want to try to paint a little closer to your work (at reduced pressure) for the edges (the closer up the less overspray) and gradualy increase the distance the further you get away from the edge when doing large areas.

An other option might ofc be masking the spots where you don't want overspray or use a different tool to achieve what you want (noting wrong with using a pencil if it achieves the same effect faster and more easily)

Thank you guys for the tips.i will try it this evening when i get back from work.you rock

Like everyone else has already stated about your pressure being to high. With com-art (which is made by Iwata) 5 to 15 PSI is plenty through that .35 Eclipse you have. If fact it would be more then enough through my .18 Micron.

Back