Overdue question

Another option might be E'Tac transparent paints heavily reduced with the AG2050 which produces a very durable surface and is good for locking down automotive work and reduces tac. While not a true candy it can work depending on how transparent you want it.

True candies are coloured with dies rather than pigment (like adding food colour instead of a fine powder) and require UV stabilisers etc. If you want a true candy it would be hard to go past House of Color though you will need some extra processes and safety gear.

If it was not for exterior work you might be able to try some food colouring or other dies in a clear or reducer base and make your own?
I've done food coloring in 4004 and in minwax one coat.
Bleeds like crazy into the next layers. Couldn't stop it. Also not as concentrated as one would think. Ended up at like 25 percent to get good color.
Id like to try alumilite resin dyes. I believe they are aniline dye like candy is. I've used them in polyester resin for fiberglass molds and they are super concentrated. 5 or six drops to a quart gave good enough color to overpower the resins natural color. That was with yellow into pink resin.

Last edited:
Back