Paasche adapters

M

Mister 4x4

OK, so after finishing up my AB work space and fitting a new caster on an old, comfy computer chair, I dug out my airbrush 'stash' and discovered something a little disappointing: my old Paasche H, VL, and VL-S use Paasche-specific hoses, each with a small fitting for the AB, and a larger fitting for the compressor end. Needless to say, the El Cheapo Harbor Freight AB and my Iwata HP-CS use the same hoses with what looks like a more standard sized fitting on each end (which fits both ABs as well as the airbrush compressor - interestingly enough, the 6' HB hose belts out a good bit of pressure and the 10' Master hose I bought from Amazon... that's good information to know).

Anybody know of any adapters I can use to either 'neck down' the Paasche hoses to fit the compressor, or 'neck up' for the standard AB hoses to fit the Paasche ABs?

I'm looking now, but any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

I was also interested to discover that Iwata AB cleaner smells amazingly just like Westley's Bleach-White tire cleaner.

I think I might've found what I'm looking for, at least for the AB-end of things (1/4" to 1/8" NPT fittings):

https://www.paascheairbrush.com/product/hf-116/

HF-116.jpg

No worries, Mate! Thanks for weighing in nonetheless.

Actually, the Paasche fitting goes into the smaller hole, and the Iwata/Master (standard) AB hose goes over the big end. The Paasche fitting on the AB side is quite a bit smaller than the standard found on Iwatas and the like, but the compressor side is the larger end. I'll post up some comparison pics later (with hoses and whatnot), and also with the adapters installed when the show up.

Even though I figured this one out on my own, maybe the info can help some other n00b (like me) in the future. ;)

Cheers!

I just came to post that same adapter. I’m looking too because I’m looking for an Iwata and want to be able to run my talon and VL on the same line

You should be able to get a Paasche to 1/8 converter, if your hose fits the compressor at one end and has the standard fitting at the other which is 1/8 You should be ok. The 1/8 fitting is the same as the thread on an Iwata airbrush or chinese knock off.

Hope this helps you. This is a pic of what connectors go where..

couplings6smaller.jpg

Credits to @AndreZA for the pic.

Lee

Thanks, Lee! It does, actually. I did order a couple of those Paasche to 1/8 last night (along with some repair kit type parts to get my other Paasches back together) and should be good to go once they show up. I have 2 Iwata hoses (1/4-1/4) and the compressor is 1/4 as well, so I'm good using those hoses, and just leaving the Paasche hoses in the box.

One day when I grow up and become a real airbrusher, I'll get an actual real compressor, build a manifold, and have all my ABs set-up so I don't have to hook-up and unhook anything when I want to switch off. ;)

Here's the pic I took (with my crappy flip-phone... sorry about that) showing the size difference between the Iwata HP-CS and Paasche VL-S, and their hoses/fittings.

airbrush_differences.jpg

Thanks again everybody!

No worries, Mate! Thanks for weighing in nonetheless.

Actually, the Paasche fitting goes into the smaller hole, and the Iwata/Master (standard) AB hose goes over the big end. The Paasche fitting on the AB side is quite a bit smaller than the standard found on Iwatas and the like, but the compressor side is the larger end. I'll post up some comparison pics later (with hoses and whatnot), and also with the adapters installed when the show up.

Even though I figured this one out on my own, maybe the info can help some other n00b (like me) in the future. ;)

Cheers!
Absolutely. This forum runs on the members thinking out loud and finding answers. Nice job solving the problem and thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm... did you buy those for the airbrush end or the compressor end? If it's 1/8th NPT on the inside that doesn't fit the Paasche ABs.
I would recommend getting quick disconnects. Especially if you plan on changing brushes often.

You know come to think of it, I believe you're right. Those look to fit the Paasche hose on the compressor end and adapt to the Master/Iwata compressor fitting. Which, in all honesty, still gets me using the Paasche ABs, since I should now be able to hook them up via their own hoses to the compressor. I think I got what I need, just on the other end of the hose.

I don't know that I'll need to switch ABs all that often - I'll probably wind up using the crap out of my Iwata, since each time I used a different Paasche, it was progressively better (started with the H, then the VL, then a VL-S), but when I got my Iwata, it was like night and day. I was also thinking of using the Paasche's for simple tasks, like shooting primer or big areas of single color, and save the Iwata for more intricate work. But, I'll need to practice with each one to find my groove again.

Digging around a bit more on the Paasche site I found these, which should fit the Paasche brushes to the Master/Iwata hoses (makes sense, having the O-ring): https://www.paascheairbrush.com/product/a-202/

A-202.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out - good eye! Too late to change the order from Paasche, so we'll see what shows up and adjust fire if necessary. I can live with swapping out the hose at the compressor end rather than the AB end if I have to.

Confirmed. The adapters I ordered shown at the top of the post go on the compressor-side of the Paasche hoses [to fit Iwata-style compressor fittings].

They also have cheap chrome plating that flakes off when you first install them. *cough* "Substandard quality" *cough* What?! Was that my outside voice... err... typing? LOL!

I'm glad you got that sorted out. I just find it sooooo much easier to order the dang nipple when I buy a new airbrush. Universal fit is your friend! And all my hoses attach to my moisture trap/regulator with a standard 1/4 air fitting too. I frequently have to set up and tear down, so its a lot less hassle.

Oh yeah, I'm not surprised about anything coming from Paasche that is substandard quality these days. It's really sad.

Back