Paasche hose leaking air?

S

SampleName

Hey guys, quick question for you.
I just bought my Paasche Talon kit and the hose doesn't connect all the way onto the brush (it's one of those red braided hoses). When I run air through it, it leaks out of the connector.
I can't get it to screw onto the airbrush very far. On the other end of the hose, it connects nicely to the compressor and doesn't leak any air.
The area between the coupler and hose is where the air comes out, and it is able to move around a bit.
The air stops leaking out when I press the house flush against the coupler.
It seems that I'm unable to post pictures as a new member, so hopefully my description was clear enough.

Any idea what's wrong? I'm brand new to airbrushing and am not sure what to do.
Thanks.

Are the hose ends the same size? If so try swapping them. Airbrush connections tend to be a straight cut thread like a bolt, pipe threads are tapered for sealing, this may be the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I should be able to post pictures now. Here's what I'm talking about.

sounds like the oring is missing --- OR if the oring IS there then there may be something wrong with the threads - mis matched or cross threaded - hope this helps :)

Agree with fly, looks like it's not threaded together far enough. Some hoses have an O ring , some have a flat seal, either way some sort of seal needs to be in there.

That gap looks a bit big, it is a lot tighter on my hoses. Not sure how to fix that.

lee

For reference, here's a shot of the inside of the hose.

And here is what the other end looks like. I have a male to female quick release in it right now. It doesn't leak air and I don't see a big gap between the hose and coupler.

I wonder if the inside section of the hose doesn't let it screw down far enough. Most of my hoses have more space inside the fitting. I wonder if purchasing a quick disconnect set might not be the easiest solution for you.

I looked at mine and when it screws to the airbrush, it goes all the way towards with out any threads showing. You might be cross threading....
Before going clockwise to tighten, go counter clockwise to start the thread....
I also found that I turn the a/b instead of the hose so it wont twist up on you

I looked at mine and when it screws to the airbrush, it goes all the way towards with out any threads showing. You might be cross threading....
Before going clockwise to tighten, go counter clockwise to start the thread....
I also found that I turn the a/b instead of the hose so it wont twist up on you

Don't think I cross threaded it, it was doing this right out of the box. Can't see any thread damage either.
I can only screw the hose onto the airbrush about a quarter of a turn and then no further.
I'm tempted to return this kit, purchase just the brush, and buy a different hose.

Amazon seems to have just edited their original listing saying that others have reported problems with the product too.

When it is all the way in there there should not be any play left between the knurled bit and the little metal tube. I would anyway suggest you get a quick disconnect coupling because it is a pain to screw on the hose every time.

My paasche hose use to do the same thing....didn't really realise it shouldn't until now. Lol...however I did purchase a quick connect coupling as others have suggested and never looked back. The biggest advantage is that in time, when you WILL purchase other brushes, you won't have to worry about seperate hoses.

"I can only screw the hose onto the airbrush about a quarter of a turn and then no further."

That sounds like thread mismatch. That may not be the case but thats what it sounds like...

The hose and o-ring should be at the bottom on the nut, make sure it is not stuck and it is sitting properly at the bottom. When the hose is attached to the brush is there play if you wiggle the hose does it move around in the nut (moved up and down)?

"I can only screw the hose onto the airbrush about a quarter of a turn and then no further."

That sounds like thread mismatch. That may not be the case but thats what it sounds like...
Im gonna go with a slightly different theory here - that "brass" bit inside the hose part surrounded by the black oring might actually be to big to fit inside the AB where it screws on. do you have a vernier? you could check the inside ID of the AB conection and the OD of the brass bit.

The hose and o-ring should be at the bottom on the nut, make sure it is not stuck and it is sitting properly at the bottom. When the hose is attached to the brush is there play if you wiggle the hose does it move around in the nut (moved up and down)?

Yes, the hose does have quite a bit of play in it when I try to screw it in.

I talked to an Amazon customer service representative and explained my situation. They were very nice about the whole deal and are sending me a brand new hose for free. I'm happy with this outcome and am impressed with Amazon's customer service. Hopefully this new hose will work properly. If not, I may just return everything and try a different route.

Update for you guys!
I ended up getting a replacement hose and it works perfectly! Screws on nicely and doesn't leak any air. Coupling doesn't have any play in it either.
My next purchase will definitely be a quick disconnect set!
Can't wait to splash some paint around, thanks for all the advice you guys gave. :)

Glad you got it figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back