Paasche Talon = no thank you.

Colin F

Double Actioner
This thing had several problems right out of the box. First indication was the needle was sticking out past the cap as a result of or the reason for a split tip. Then come to find out all three heads wouldn’t even screw all the way on causing back flushing into the cup. Poor fit and finish. I wanted to like this thing I really did, especially considering the price with three different sized needles and a beefier tip setup less prone to stripping when changing them out.

I’ll give Paasche customer service credit. They did send out a new tip (which I haven’t received yet) but that was before I discovered the heads weren’t seating. In the end they told me I should just return it. I don’t want another one.

What is it with American airbrush manufacturers? Massive QC problems.

I had a talon used it once and it went in the bin with a split nozzle I never bothered to buy a new nozzle as like you found out this is a real poor quality airbrush

That would be the H&S Infinity for me , Even switching to a larger nozzle it would crack just slowly sliding the needle in .
I have acouple of old VL but never bought a talon.

That would be the H&S Infinity for me , Even switching to a larger nozzle it would crack just slowly sliding the needle in .
I have acouple of old VL but never bought a talon.
PS-289 on order. I probably should have listened to the general consensus from the start. I thought H&S was generally consideeed to be high quality?

PS-289 on order. I probably should have listened to the general consensus from the start. I thought H&S was generally consideeed to be high quality?
I did too , But I have about 5 cracked nozzle .15 and .20 That never saw a drop of paint . So while it does have a new nozzle in it there is no needle touching the nozzle and I never use it , I either use my PS770 , Cm-C+ or the work horse Eclipse CS.

I hear good things about the older Paasche brushes but looks like the new ones aren't up to scratch. I have 99% Iwata brushes just because parts are easy to find here in Australia and their reputation.
I do have one H & S infinity brush but I don't use it often, It may have been my paint and I am use to the Iwatas but it didn't seem to like the createx wicked paint, it had to be a lot thinner than what I use with the Iwata, Although it does like Etac Paint.

There is no one brand fits all, so just find a brand you can get parts for and enjoy using.

I'm sticking to iwata or gsi's with my limited experience but being a machinist I can tell the quality of craftsmanship with those 2 brands.

I loved my Talon 10 years ago. But now comparing it to the Badger Sotar 2020 I got for Christmas, the Talon doesn't hold up. I have more confidence in the Sotar due to consistent paint as soon as I pull back on the trigger. With the Talon, there seems to be much more trigger pull needed for paint to start flowing. Of course mine is over 10 years old and the only things I bought new when I picked it back up were needles and nozzles.

I also bought 2 Chinese knock offs of I'd say we're iwata hpc or a revolution. One is actually labeled Aerograph and the other is not but they look and are packaged exactly the same both on eBay for under 20$ a piece. So my apprentice at my surf shop could use them and keep his paws off my iwata's and so far they spray quite nicely

I also bought 2 Chinese knock offs of I'd say we're iwata hpc or a revolution. One is actually labeled Aerograph and the other is not but they look and are packaged exactly the same both on eBay for under 20$ a piece. So my apprentice at my surf shop could use them and keep his paws off my iwata's and so far they spray quite nicely
the generic brand brushes can be a bit hit & miss, you'll either get one that works well or one that is just problematic. I started with 2 generics, they did the job, taught me how to tear down a brush (frequently) and allowed me to throw paint on paper enough to know it was something I wanted to continue. My next brush was the Iwata HPC.... whole different feeling, smooth trigger, less complete tear downs etc etc.

I had similar problems with the Talon. I tried to buy one off Amazon like 10 years ago. Had to return the first one they sent me because the needle was bent and there was verdigris between the handle and the needle limiter. Second one I had to send back because there was a 4mm long open gap in the welding between the cup and the body.

This was back when Amazon was still a relatively trustworthy place to shop, if you made sure to get the product from Amazon itself and not a random marketplace seller. I took a refund for the second one, and have never looked at Paasche again.

I love my old Paasche. It is almost 40 years old. I was considering trying a new one, but after reading about the quality control, I am more than apprehensive. damn, it would have been fun to compare them.

I had the talon and the vision and although they sprayed pretty good I constantly had issues with the cap o-ring leaking on both brushes. The needle packing seals were also a nightmare to deal with. Ended up selling them. I purchased them because I always loved my old VL brushes but the quality just wasn’t there with the talon series.

Back