Paasche Talon

D

Dave G.

Have new talon, tried it out today and the paint stopped flowing. cleaned off the tip of the needle and tried again. After a few sprays the paint stopped again. Using water based acrylic, took brush apart, all seems ok. Not sure what's going on.

Hi ,Dave G, DaveG here - when you say the paint stopped spraying, you mean jut the paint stopped, but air kept on keeping on? You most probably need to reduce, or thin the paint you are using. Sounds like what would be called "tip dry".

Also what setup do you have in it? I have the #1 and #2 setups, '2 works great but#1 has the exact same issues your having..

Lee

Hi ,Dave G, DaveG here - when you say the paint stopped spraying, you mean jut the paint stopped, but air kept on keeping on? You most probably need to reduce, or thin the paint you are using. Sounds like what would be called "tip dry".
According to shout box it’s not pushing paint or air.

So we need more defined info.
What paint,
what reduction
What psi (with air on)
What needle

Okay we will have to go highlander here there can be only one DaveG and DaveG is it :D
Yes shout boxes are not the place to ask questions yet it seems so many newbies lately have been trying to do just that .

Yeah I'm a newbie, sorry for putting the info in the wrong place. Anyway after looking at a video on the talon, I believe I'm having a trigger problem. I'm going to take the airbrush apart again and check.

Yeah I'm a newbie, sorry for putting the info in the wrong place. Anyway after looking at a video on the talon, I believe I'm having a trigger problem. I'm going to take the airbrush apart again and check.
If you are using a quick disconnect, it could be that it is over-tightened, and the o-ring is impeding air flow. Aside form that, it would unusual for there to be any issue with the trigger. There is one o-ring on the valve stem, and sometimes they can roll up and out of place, but that is not a common issue.

Back