Paasches D3000R

Nathalie

Double Actioner
Hello,

I have a compressor Paasches D3000r. I bought it in 2017. I used it extensively. Now it cannot stand the pressure. The gauge indicate zero.

What can I do to fix it ...

First question, does it start up when you switch it on? If it starts up does it produce air? Is there air coming from the bottom of the water trap? Make sure the regulator isnt screwed all the way down otherwise it will not show any pressure on the gauge.

Lee

As I'm asking questions about compressor. I've this one too :

It says that the D3000r have a max of 40 psi. Is the gauge showing like 70 psi is a real 70 psi or kind of a fraction of the global 40 psi of the compressor. In other word, is it dangerous to open the gauge over the 40 psi mark on the gauge.

I dont know if I'm clear.

The thing idms that something i wish to have more psi and I dont open the valve because I'm affraid to overload the compressor

You should be able to open the regulator all the way. If the compressor is only capable of pushing out 40psi maximum, it will never reach the 70psi it shows on the gauge. My Iwata SmartJet doesn't push out much over 45 psi with the regulator open all the way but on the gauge it indicates it can go up to 100psi. Your airbrush is also restricted to the maximum psi it will let flow through its air passages depending the size of the passages inside.

Did you try your compressor yet?

Lee

Hi Lee

Thanks for the answer on the gauge.

I checked the compressor. No leek on the "overflow" underneat the tank. I restarted the compressor andtru my airbrush on. The flow is unstable and the sound of the motor is un steady too.

I just leave it as dead.

I bought a badger tc909 to replace it. I didn't have enough money to buy a better compressor. It will do so until next year.

Hooooo

I will received my replacement monday or tuesaday. But I will check this link. And I will try to fix it anyway.

Thanks

Hello Lee

I did open my paasche compressor. There is no bearing inside. There a "piston" inside. That's all.

2de edit
Hold on I recheck the post I think I ddid not went trough all step

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I found out the tool. It's called :

Snap ring plier. On sale in every hardware store. I found one for 10 $

Sorry, I didn't see the update on this thread or I would have answered quicker. The bearing will be at the bottom of the rod where it attaches, held on by the snap ring. They're called circlips over here in England.. When you take the "head" off if you move the piston so it is sticking out of the top you should be able to feel if there is any movement in the piston rod.

Lee

Last edited:
Hi Lee,

Ok I received the snap plier....

Remove the snap .... but the piston seem to be stuck. It's not pulling of easily. Do I force it ?

Here a pic of the piston that I can't take off. Is someone havesn idea of how to take it off ?

Attachments

• 15888829003090.jpg
    15888829003090.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi Again, sorry i didn't see the update. I thought id pressed "watch the thread" but I hadn't. Its a very small pic but looks normal.

The snap ring is only there to stop it from coming off on its own. The piston needs to be in the highest position so you have more wriggle room. Then spray with a small amount of wd40 or similar to help loosen it, it wont hurt the motor or anything. Then VERY carefully see if you can get something behind it to gently prize it off.

Lee

Back