Packing

D

drobbins12

Quick question, what is the packings main purpose. How tight should it be? Tight enough for the needle to just get through.

I have just had a hell of a time with my replacement parts for my Talon. I've bought two needles from different companies and neither have fit or worked like the stock one. So I ordered new packing which seemed to help. But now I get a ton of paint when I barley pull the trigger.

Let me know if you need more info. Spectra tex, auto air and createx straight out of the bottle. No reducer.

Dylan

Quick question, what is the packings main purpose. How tight should it be? Tight enough for the needle to just get through.

I have just had a hell of a time with my replacement parts for my Talon. I've bought two needles from different companies and neither have fit or worked like the stock one. So I ordered new packing which seemed to help. But now I get a ton of paint when I barley pull the trigger.

Let me know if you need more info. Spectra tex, auto air and createx straight out of the bottle. No reducer.

Dylan

If you mean the packing or ring around the needle in the barrel just in front of the trigger, it's purpose is to stop paint seeping through into the trigger cavity, if this is happening, then your packing is either not seated good or it is too lose, you should be able to adjust how how tight it by removing everything at the back of your airbrush, if it's done right the needle should be able to move back and forth under the strength of the trigger spring without seepage.

I don't know mush about the talon, but it is possible from what you say here that the main body of the needle is thinner than the original, if this is the case, you may need a packing that is matched to the needle, whatever problem this packing may cause, it has little bearing on what amount of paint comes out of your gun at the front, if you have a lot of paint leaking or flowing from there with little trigger movement, this could mean that the needle and nozzle are not matched.

Did you order them from Paasche?
The needle packing bearing when adjusted right will allow you to feel a little drag on the needle as it is inserted. If it is too loose feeling use a jewelers screwdriver to give it a small turn and re-intall the needle
The needle should flow freely with the drag on it.

I know that a little paint has been leaking back. So I will have to tighten that tonight. I ordered the same model needle, packing and tip from coast airbrush. And it just doesn't have the same feel as stock one. Also, I ordered just the needle same model number and everything and it felt like it was made of a different material and it would not fit through the packing, that was from tcp global. So I think I'm gonna email paasche and ask them what the problem is. Thanks guys.

Dylan

Back