Paint brand change

S

shadow2462

Ok, today I got my Wicked paints (Dru Blair set), a big bottle of HP reducer, Spare needle (nozzle was backordered 3 wks????) for the Velocity.(so Ken if you read this can we get more renegade ultra fine nozzles plz lol) I only tried the detail white so far and OMG what a difference! I was able to spray consistently with a 10:1 reduction at 6 psi. and had NO tip dry at all!!!! I also replaced my MAC valve with the Iwata brand and it honestly made the one I got from(******) seem like a POS and I actually was able to control the brush much better than before, so if the other colors work as well or better...hell I may never leave my shop. lol

hell yeah.... the only time i leave my shop is for a beer run.. or i am just damn tired... good for you

It awesome that you found a paint that you love. Wicked has always been tricky for me, but so many people love it, I have always wanted it to work for me. One night it took me 15 minutes just to get the consistency right to where it would spray how I wanted it to. Its very cool that you found your sweet spot with it right away.

Wicked Detail and Illustration are much better than regular wicked, especially with a small nozzle. I have found with the HP Reducer and the right reductions, that tip dry is much better. I just bought a bunch of Etac EFX, the first piece I am doing with it is my Bio Mech Competition Piece, but it sprays like a dream.

Have to agree on the plus's and minus's of the createx brands. Etac however is like spraying gold. I am going to start switching all my paint over as i need to replace it. Cant speak highly enough about the Etac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have to agree on the plus's and minus's of the createx brands. Etac however is like spraying gold. I am going to start switching all my paint over as i need to replace it. Cant speak highly enough about the Etac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, I already have the Primary Set, my birthday list...If my wife loves me, I will get all of them. :)

Top Choices
FXHS - 505 Azo Orange
FXHS - 510 Carbazole Violet
FXHS - 514 Phthalocyanine Green
FXHS - 525 Flesh

Others I Want
FXHS - 517 Brown Ocher
FXHS - 518 Burnt Umber
FXHS – 523 Sepia Smoke
FXHS - 527 Paynes Grey

I guess we should stop hijacking shadow's thread. :devilish:

Yup, I already have the Primary Set, my birthday list...If my wife loves me, I will get all of them. :)

Top Choices
FXHS - 505 Azo Orange
FXHS - 510 Carbazole Violet
FXHS - 514 Phthalocyanine Green
FXHS - 525 Flesh

Others I Want
FXHS - 517 Brown Ocher
FXHS - 518 Burnt Umber
FXHS – 523 Sepia Smoke
FXHS - 527 Paynes Grey

I guess we should stop hijacking shadow's thread. :devilish:

lol it's all good my friend, they probably want me to shut up anyway :eek-new::sorrow:

Shadow wouldn't mind people talking on his thread. With a beard like that he's got to be a mellow biker sort of dude.

I purchased the bottle of EFX sepia smoke from KKBO this year just to try something new. Sweet Jesus it's like it wants to help you paint. I just throw water in as a reducer and regardless of my ratio it just flows AND it smells like berrys!?!
Do all EFX paints smell like fruit?

Kinda sucks because I have a excremente load of auto air and wicked (Which are great but just aren't as easy to use the EFX)

Glad you found the elusive setup shadow. Now right it down quick before you lose the secret formula :)

yup then guard it like willy wonka does with the ever lasting gobstopper

Back