Paint bubbling

J

Jays

Hi Guys

Quick question, Ive noticed a theme when cutting in lines at 100% and blending off especially with transparent paint and that is bubbling and the paint collecting... It seems the paint doesn't go down well even when building gradually and blending off.

Im new so is this a problem with my technique? a trait using transparents or air pressure that's the issue...2 Bar through an pac valved ..Iwata HP BCS / HP CS.....Bambi Oil Compressor.

Im using water based Comart Transparent Ultr Mar Blue...mixed with a slight touch of Opaque Black to get a Blue Sepia monotone, but find this problem occuring frequently....paint goes down much more consistentently with pure Opaque and I find bubbling occurs less with Createx but still happens with transparents......but Im sure the problem is me ;-)

Any views ,tips or experience of overcoming this from those that have battled with it would be greatly appreciated...would put me on the right track to stop compromising artwork.....

Cheers

Jays

Hi Jays,

@Madbrush just solved this same problem for someone else with the same problem: Bubbling Paint Cup.

For what could be a host of reasons, air is getting forced from the head assembly of your airbrush into your paint cup.
The first thing i would do is follow the instructions in this video for airbrush maintenance.

This video shows you a method of sealing your tips thread seal with plumbing tape, if you're not doing automotive work then you could also use beeswax:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This could be another cause, but not so common. Blocked tip:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope this helps.

Brilliant ...Many thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Be careful if using thread tape, its not really designed for such fine thread application. Many don't even know it has to be put on a thread correctly or you increase the risk of cross-threading, especially on such fine threads though no doubt Mitch may explain that in his vid...Soz if ya have LOL..Also try straining your paint if your not doing so already, it can really help reduce any clogging or paint particles getting through and causing issue such as your experiancing, plus of course whats already been mentioned..GL

Back