Paint colour

lol, not one single colour :)
Probably 4 different shades of yellow, two different shades of brown and maybe a touch of green. Which series of Createx are you working with (Airbrush Colors/wicked/wicked detail/illustration) or do you have a combination?
upload_2020-10-26_8-57-25.png

Last edited:
lol, not one single colour :)
Probably 4 different shades of yellow, two different shades of brown and maybe a touch of green. Which series of Createx are you working with (Airbrush Colors/wicked/wicked detail/illustration) or do you have a combination?
View attachment 64009
my banana which is waiting for me as a breakfast looks more like this:
img_6080.jpg

Your banana looks like you would clean it with a dishwasher -.-

So we should ask poster of this thread, what kinda banana has in his/her mind :D

its currently midday here is Australia so it might be a little while before we know the exact colour variety of the banana in question.
yours is 20 shades of brown and 2 shades of yellow lol

I have an idea of what you are going for. There will be multiple tints and shades of yellow, but good base to start from, will depend on which of the createx lines you use (illustration, wicked, autoair, classic).

You want a slightly greenish yellow, with a more muted reddish yellow in the shadows.

So with classic createx, you probably want to go for stock yellow with a touch of white, and a tiny itty bitty spec of green for the bright areas. Then yellow with a touch of white, and a speck of red in the main area, and then no white, more red and a very tiny bit of violet in the shadow.

If you were shooting with wicked, I'd recommend a base of wicked golden yellow, bright yellow for highlights, and then the golden yellow knocked back a bit with the tiniest amount of violet for the shadow.

Illustration colors, I'd use the yellow with a tiny bit of the magenta to orange it up a bit, then the same kind of mix as the classic createx.

There is no one "banana yellow", as in nature nothing is ever really any pure chroma. All things are a mix of colors, and much, much less saturated than we think.

Check out the color theory thread on the forum for more information on how to get to grips with color matching:

https://airbrushforum.org/threads/color-theory.12200/

The good thing about bananas is that they vary so much in colour that unless you go massively off piste no-one will be able to say it's not the colours of the banana you had (unless you show them your reference).

I wish I understood more about colours, I started with a set of Createx primaries and just replaced the ones that ran out. I'm thinking I'd mix up a darkish brown and do those bits, maybe add some black here and there, then use the brown to dirty up the yellow to varying degrees. Maybe lighten up some yellow with a bit of white too for the paler bits and highlights.

That's how I roll anyway, trial and error :laugh:

I’ve found this app to be really good. I have iPhone, but I believe it’s available for Android too.
abb0422b88895824a091afdc671f687c.jpg

You can use the camera on the phone to select the colour you’d like to mix and it gives you a breakdown of the colours needed.
I wouldn’t rely on it 100% But it definitely gets you close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could even see a shade of grey in the banana as well as the yellows. Husky could do a film called 50 shades of brown :)

Lee

Hey hey calm down a bit :p You'll have Squishy and Charlie biting at your heels lol You would however be able to see well with those new lights :)

Which series of createx do you use? Airbrush colours / wicked / wicked detail ?

that looks more fluro green than yellow to me

Back