paint comes out when i push just for air

G

Gainey

hi everyone,

when i push down just for air paint comes out, very frustrating.... i have changed the needle, i have adjusted the amount of paint coming out, and suggestions, i have pulled the ab appart and have lubricated and cleaned the ab,

any advice

it could be that your needle packing screw is a bit loose.its down the main shaft of brush on inside, between paint cup and trigger.take brush apart, with a small electrical screwdriver poke it in down length off brush (as if you where inserting the needle and you should find it there..... give it quarter turn at a tone, trying your needle back in after each turn, this will tighten a teflon o ring around your needle......it should provide a little resistance to needle as you push it on but not stop it completely....carefully carefully!

It could also be that the packing is to tight and the needle is not returning to fully closed when released. Ive had this happen. Could also be gunk in the tip not letting the needle seat as well. Ive had that issue too lol. Cleaning, spring tension, and resetting the packing are all things to have a look at.

Two things generally cause this..pretty much as mentioned..

The needles wasn't seated all the way into the nozzle and then tightened...or the nozzle has some dried paint inside preventing a full seal between the needle and the nozzle tip..

Take your head assembly off, use a bottle brush cleaner and stick one or two strands of the bottle brush cleaner down the head assembly and into the nozzle..Do this after its soaked for awhile in hot water..this will help remove that stubborn fleck of paint..Personally I use the needle itself to gently scrape this kind of issue away if the problem persists, or you can use a tip reamer but I would do these as the last resort..If the packing screw needs adjusting its normally because paint is coming into the trigger area, I have never noticed that it causes paint to come out as air is pushed down but certainally not saying that couldn't be a cause..Generally its a bit of dried paint as no matter how well you clean your brush it can be stubborn to remove it all..GL m8

looks like your all covered here but to trouble shoot this you have to realize that your needle is not seating properly in the noozle or your noozle is damaged. Which ever it is there is room for paint to escape out the noozle. Check your noozle for cracks also.

hi everyone,

when i push down just for air paint comes out, very frustrating.... i have changed the needle, i have adjusted the amount of paint coming out, and suggestions, i have pulled the ab appart and have lubricated and cleaned the ab,

any advice

Suggestion one , When asking for help give all details , What make and model of airbrush is it? What PSI are you spraying at? What brand of paint are you using?
Different airbrush even thou the basic make up are pretty much the same , Have different ways parts go and fit to them.
Most time when you have paint coming on when the trigger is in the air on position it is due to a couple of common things. Paint dried in the nozzle not allowing the needle to seat like it should, Cracked Nozzle which allows the paint to flow past it.
The needle bearing acts like a valve that will stop the paint from flowing into the trigger assembly, Most time if it is allowing paint to pass through it will not allow it to come out the needle end of the gun. Why ? Because there is no air passage for that paint to hit unless enough is leaking to pool around the air valve assembly .
Now when you say you have adjusted the amount of paint that comes out , To me that sound more like a single action airbrush. not a dual action, Single action does allow you to adjust the amount of paint that comes out because when you press air on it is also paint out. Where dual action is just that press straight down for air on, and than pull the trigger back to allow paint to flow. the farther you pull back the larger the amount of paint and the bigger the pattern you will get.

So For advice that will help you please tell us what airbrush , paint and at what psi you are working.

This is 5 years old thread, but still wanna thank you guys. I had the same exact problem today and it is solved cause of you. You guys are guilty. :)

Back