paint comes out when the air is on

S

staylor

hi me and my son (9years old) are learning together last week we spent time taking appart and back together lubing learning each part ect .this week we put paint in for first time and we both go to try our first dot and push down for air and paint is coming out what the crap is going on please help us.

First things first . What airbrush are you using? Helps a lot to know so you get the best help.
Next it sounds as if your needle it not push into the nozzle far enough. or the needle chuck was left loose and the needle is staying out a bit.
Single action airbrush will let paint out when you push the air on , But dual action will not unless you do not have the needle seated into the nozzle correctly.

I don't think your needle is seated properly. Put some water in your cup or a bottle if you have a siphon brush. Loosen the needle tightening nut and with the air on, twist your needle slowly while lightly pushing in on the needle until it stops spraying water out. Then tighten your needle chuck and you should be good to go. It could be a dirty or bent nozzle, but if you just put paint in it, then this should solve the problem. If it doesn't give us an update so we can help further. Hope it works!!

Josh

I have a master g44 gravity feed.. My son bought himself a harbor freight syphin feed. I thought it was the needle seat to cuz it comes out very lightly and i pulled out and in again and still happens. If paint is to thin will it happen? It happens on both wich is weard.i don't know it sucks very frustrating. I adjusted the air down to 45 it was the at 55 um what should it be at cuz all paperwork says the max 60 not the exact psi anyway thanks. The needle on mine is a 0.2 it came with a .3 and a .5
What size should i use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of interest, what type of oil did you use? Sometimes the wrong oil can create its own blockages and issues, its likely a speck of dried up paint in the nozzle tip, get a magnifying glass out and have a close look..Just a thought :)

I have a master g44 gravity feed.. My son bought himself a harbor freight syphin feed. I thought it was the needle seat to cuz it comes out very lightly and i pulled out and in again and still happens. If paint is to thin will it happen? It happens on both wich is weard.i don't know it sucks very frustrating. I adjusted the air down to 45 it was the at 55 um what should it be at cuz all paperwork says the max 60 not the exact psi anyway thanks. The needle on mine is a 0.2 it came with a .3 and a .5
What size should i use?
35 PSI or less. The only time you really want to go above that is T-shirt. The more you reduce the paint the lower PSI you want to go.
Did you change the nozzle when you put that .2 in??
Also look real close at the needle for any burrs on it. Might just need to polish it out.

i did like the tutor says with 3in 1

I always use Super Lube by IWATA, but you can also use KY jelly, Oil and waterbase paints do not mix will and can cause all types of issues. Super Lube does not effect water based or Uros.

hey mr micron thanks for all you help i did change nozzle to mach needle. and after all the checks that was my last one and im thinking i fixed it i loosend the nozzle a little and so far its ok. thanks again. what would be the best neddle to use out of them 3 i have.

That depends on what your a painting. A good all around needle nozzle set is is the .3
the .2 is great for small items like models and detail
and the .5 is great for covering a large area or t-shirts.
But I use my .35 (Iwata CS) for everything and only switch to my Micron .18 when I need a lot of detail or I am painting something really small.

Back