paint cup blows paint

M

mtnwizzard

Hi ,,I'm new here and just bought my first air brush to compliment my wood carvings. I've only used my air brush for about 1/2 hour.when I returned to finish my work,I loaded it with paint and it started blowing paint out the paint cup???It is a Badger Krome. Any Idea's would be greatly appreciated

Lol, @matty171 , had you taken a few snifters when you typed that :laugh:

I agree with both the above, a good clean, and make sure everything is nice and tight and leak free. Why don't you pop along to the intro section and tell us all a bit about yourself. We know the brush, but ,what paint you are using, where in the world you live etc, etc? Firstly we are very nosy Lol, secondly people will want to give you a proper welcome, and thirdly the more info people have, the more they will be able to advise and be specific to your needs, or suggest where to get appropriate supplies etc.

sounds like a blocked nozzle, you've left paint in there and its settled, and blocked everything up. been there !

Hi ,,I'm new here and just bought my first air brush to compliment my wood carvings. I've only used my air brush for about 1/2 hour.when I returned to finish my work,I loaded it with paint and it started blowing paint out the paint cup???It is a Badger Krome. Any Idea's would be greatly appreciated
Questions question who got the question?
Well to start off with Introductions are located here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Next clogged nozzle , You used you airbrush for 30 minutes , The what you left the paint in it and went to go play wack a mole? You state when you returned . So ya kind of lost me.
What kind (waterbased or urethane) Paint is being used?
How long it you leave that .20 nozzle sit with paint in the hopper?
If it is water based paint it will be a bear to get the dries paint out , Use Createx airbrush restorer and soak ONLY THE NOZZLE in it for an hour or so.

Lol, @matty171 , had you taken a few snifters when you typed that :laugh:

I agree with both the above, a good clean, and make sure everything is nice and tight and leak free. Why don't you pop along to the intro section and tell us all a bit about yourself. We know the brush, but ,what paint you are using, where in the world you live etc, etc? Firstly we are very nosy Lol, secondly people will want to give you a proper welcome, and thirdly the more info people have, the more they will be able to advise and be specific to your needs, or suggest where to get appropriate supplies etc.

LMAO @Squishy, i cant even remember answering that post, sometimes i have to take sleeping tablets and funny enough i took them last night lol

To the OP: When you remove the head for cleaning, the tiny nozzle may fall out. Don't lose it. And don't jam anything hard in it. It's very fragile and you could split it.

Don

Sorry folks,guess I didn't explain my situation very clear yesterday.When I left my painting and returned later,I had cleaned the air brush before I left by running a few cups of water through it.As I had stated earlier I am very new at this air brushing thing but,thought that would do the trick.I was using water base acrylic paint.I will admit I know next to nothing about my air brush yet,so if I sound ignorant about it, it's because I am.

Is there a brand name to the paint?
Standard Createx (Textile paint ) is thick and will cause a clog fast on a small nozzle airbrush such as the Krome it.
Creates Wicked is more suited for the type of airbrushing you do with your wood working.
Plus is designed for the smaller nozzle airbrushes.
Createx 5619 Restorer is great for getting rid of those clogs , Soak that tiny nozzle in it and problems are gone , Unless you have cracked the nozzle.
Which can happen .

Maybe the nozzle is just not down tight enough. Badgers has a very fine thread. Maybe you cross threaded it and it is on skew now.

Questions question who got the question?
Well to start off with Introductions are located here http://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/
Next clogged nozzle , You used you airbrush for 30 minutes , The what you left the paint in it and went to go play wack a mole? You state when you returned . So ya kind of lost me.
What kind (waterbased or urethane) Paint is being used?
How long it you leave that .20 nozzle sit with paint in the hopper?
If it is water based paint it will be a bear to get the dries paint out , Use Createx airbrush restorer and soak ONLY THE NOZZLE in it for an hour or so.
what if I use oil paint thinner? I have been soaking my nozzle, cleaned out everything visible, and still no air will pass through. The air from the compressor will actually blow freely until I screw on the nozzle. The latter has been unused for maybe a year, but cleanes as usual after use.

Bubbling in the Gravity Cup or Suction Bottle

This is caused by air pressure entering the paint reservoir. This can have several causes; the most common are an air leak in air cap/nozzle area, tip dry/blocked nozzle, a loose air cap/head or a split airbrush nozzle.

What brush are You having problems with?

what if I use oil paint thinner? I have been soaking my nozzle, cleaned out everything visible, and still no air will pass through. The air from the compressor will actually blow freely until I screw on the nozzle. The latter has been unused for maybe a year, but cleanes as usual after use.
Oil paint thinner will work if you are spraying oil paints but I don't know anyone that does.
Do you mean the air will flow until you screw on the hose or screw on the airbrush ?

Ive just realised @Kingpin, this thread was started in 2015, we can resurrect the dead lol

Back