Paint cups.

larz313

Gravity Guru
I had an idea tonight while talking with the misses about paint cups. If you know you will only be using a small amount of paint, instead of wasting one of those little standard mixing cups. Use a bottle cap from a soda or water bottle. It may not be " greener " because it'll be trashed/recycled anyway. But its something that may save a few bucks on mixing cups. Just a thought. I haven't tested it yet.

if its waterbased paint sure, urethane will eat it right up, I know cause I've tried lol. Just make sure there is no soda residue lol. You can also use these little cups with lids they have at Walmart. in the section with paper cups and stuff. It's like a dollar for a pack of 6. They have the same thing at some of the dollar stores and you get like 12. Also sally beauty supply has little cups and bottles that are like 50 cents. Also at a lot of restaurants they have those little sampler cups (think ice cream and at bbq places) if no one is looking I'll grab a whole stack of them lol.

if its waterbased paint sure, urethane will eat it right up, I know cause I've tried lol. Just make sure there is no soda residue lol. You can also use these little cups with lids they have at Walmart. in the section with paper cups and stuff. It's like a dollar for a pack of 6. They have the same thing at some of the dollar stores and you get like 12. Also sally beauty supply has little cups and bottles that are like 50 cents. Also at a lot of restaurants they have those little sampler cups (think ice cream and at bbq places) if no one is looking I'll grab a whole stack of them lol.

Lmao! Awesome.

Or just wash the cup out when finished LOL..But nice idea, one issue I can see is that of mixing in one as the colored plastic may throw the color look a bit, but if its just to save a particular color for latter on in the days painting, I'll use anything..

My favorite mixing cup is a medicine cup..Ask any mum if they have any spares hanging around and likely they'll have 30 of them LOL..Plus their clear so don't affect the color view and they have measurements on the side...too easy :) Oh and you can pick up a box of them cheap as, just ask a pharmacy to order em in for ya..There like about 5 cents each in bulk..GL and thanks for sharing the idea..

This may not be as cost saving as some of the other options but I really like and prefer for small amounts of paint are the little tattoo ink cups.

Back