Double Actioner
Hi guys
I paint some air refresh (it is some kind of plastic
But paints fals off if i scratch it
Do i need some primer? And something after painting

I use vallejo premium colors
69f4b373e872d454307e37f6e1137bca.jpg

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Did you scuff it first ? 90% of the time when I painting plastic I will use Bull Dog brand adhesion promoter after I have scuffed the surface.

I just wash plastic i did not use any adhesion

Just washing it is not enough you must scuff it so the paint will have a tooth to hold on it the plastic with. That is why you scuff it and depending on the usage of the item use an adhesion promoter

What Mr Micron said and also follow up with the manufacturers guidelines... they will give you a great head start if they don't actually answer the question... :)

thank alot guys :) i have some adhension in spray for plastic, i will try with that
Thanks

Depends on the type of plastic it is. "Plastic" isn't a specific material: it's very, VERY general term for A LOT of very different materials. If it's something like ABS or polystyrene, then a primer with a "hot" solvent base (like lacquer) is all you need to get best adhesion. If it's something like melamine or bakelite, primer solvent "heat" won't make a difference, but with proper cleaning, most paints will stick well anyway. If it's something vinyl based, paints will stick, but oil-based ones (enamels, some lacquers) will never cure properly, leaving a permanently tacky finish. If it's a non-polar plastic like polypropylene or polyethylene or delrin, then even scuffing the plastic will really only half-work at best.

Check the bottom or inside of the part to see if there's a recycling code. That'll narrow it down to where more specific/reliable suggestions can be made.

Depends on the type of plastic it is. "Plastic" isn't a specific material: it's very, VERY general term for A LOT of very different materials. If it's something like ABS or polystyrene, then a primer with a "hot" solvent base (like lacquer) is all you need to get best adhesion. If it's something like melamine or bakelite, primer solvent "heat" won't make a difference, but with proper cleaning, most paints will stick well anyway. If it's something vinyl based, paints will stick, but oil-based ones (enamels, some lacquers) will never cure properly, leaving a permanently tacky finish. If it's a non-polar plastic like polypropylene or polyethylene or delrin, then even scuffing the plastic will really only half-work at best.

Check the bottom or inside of the part to see if there's a recycling code. That'll narrow it down to where more specific/reliable suggestions can be made.
thanks on tips Nessus

Back