Paint flow issues

M

Maurice

Good afternoon everyone!!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having. I have an Iwata HC-CS airbrush that gets consistent airflow but I have been having paint flow issues. It is gravity fed so I am not sure what is going on. I have posted a pic if that helps

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• IMAG0025[1].jpg
    IMAG0025[1].jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 46
I have this brush, and use it all the time, it's my go to brush. Don't know what paint you're using but whatever it is try reducing it a bit more, make sure your air pressure isn't too low (I tend to use 20 psi), and make sure there is no tip dry (paint sticking to the tip of the needle), regularly pick it off if there is, although reducing properly should stop this being too much of a problem. Also make sure you're nozzle is clean, you'll be amazed at how much crud can get in there, and still let paint through, but it won't come through properly, and may be the reason for your brush skipping ( from what I can tell from the pic).

I only ever use water to thin my paints and when starting a painting to roughly dusting the paint onto the surface I start the lighter areas with a mix around one drop of paint to 10 to15 drops of water, when I start darkening the darker areas I adda drop at a time for what colours I am using until I get to the shades I am looking for, I use the end of an old paint brush for tip drying, it nice and soft and you don’t damage the needle or fluid nozzle , you can filter the paint which helps, paint build up where the needle makes contact with the fluid nozzle can affect spray Patten, make sure the needle isn’t damage.
Tony

And make sure that the hole in the cover of the paint cup is free of paint, this can cause skipping as well.

Tony, I love that paint brush idea. I'll have to try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have cleaned the heck out of it and since this problem has come up, I am way over reducing and it still has issues; this mostly happens with fine lines. I am using auto air colors and I have tried every PSI from 10 to 50. Thanks for the ideas, I will keep adjusting fire till it works out.

Some times over reducing can have a splatter affected as the pigment can’t hold together; sorry I can’t be more help

Tony

I had the same problems, I thought that nozzle was clean but when I bought the Auto-Air Airbrush Restorer, and so I soaked parts and tiny bit paint came off.
Move the needle in the nozzle within the gently see if a small part of the paint came out.

Also paint filttering may help.

I had the same problems, I thought that nozzle was clean but when I bought the Auto-Air Airbrush Restorer, and so I soaked parts and tiny bit paint came off.
Move the needle in the nozzle within the gently see if a small part of the paint came out.

Also paint filttering may help.
What's the best way to filter paint?
I've tried using a tea bag, but it takes ages and alot of paint doesn't drip though.

What's the best way to filter paint?
I've tried using a tea bag, but it takes ages and alot of paint doesn't drip though.

I use 30cl squeeze bottles with adjustable dropper , and when I fill these with my mixed colours I place a little square of old pantihose over the bottle before screwing the lid on, this filters the paint as it's being used and stops the paint getting dirty any further.

That was my tip for for today. lol

Good tip madbrush. I might try that on all my paint bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 30cl squeeze bottles with adjustable dropper , and when I fill these with my mixed colours I place a little square of old pantihose over the bottle before screwing the lid on, this filters the paint as it's being used and stops the paint getting dirty any further.

That was my tip for for today. lol

This tip saved my Infinity and my patience :) thanks Madbrush!! Strain even Wicked Detail, specially if you are spraying through a .15 tip.

This tip saved my Infinity and my patience :) thanks Madbrush!! Strain even Wicked Detail, specially if you are spraying through a .15 tip.

Your more than welcome, that's why we're all here, spreading the tips along with the love.

Back