paint for metal

D

deadcowboy

Hey, A coworker wants me to airbrush a logo on his tailgate for his farm. All I have done so far is paper and some shirts. I have createx and badger acrylic. Will the regular acrylic work with a automotive clear or do I need to get a more specialized paint for this. The clear I have is a spray can. should this work or should I get a more specialized version as well. I'm not getting paid for this per se, as he is paying for supplies. Thanks for any advice.

R

rick

Spray can clear without hardener is just normal paint without pigments, u can get 2k clear this is automotive stuff and this is th best, that stuff becomes rock solid.

Createx is tshirt paint and not uv resistant, i recommend auto air or wicked, these aee the most used and will do the job.

Btw when u push the button on the 2k can it injects the hardener and after 1 hour i think, look for it on the can, its hardened out in the can and u can't use it anymore, so if u can and u got some left clear some of ur own project with the leftover

W

wmlepage

Dave from Coast airbrush has said that the 2k spray can has been used In their shop up to Like 24 hours after, maybe even longer, I think spraymax brand says 24 hours window after injecting the catalyst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD